hi there, Have: BB 8100 with maps installed Have:Holux GPS Receiver. Dont: know how to ... BlackBerry GPS forum

mcnultyp no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 maps with GPS receiver

Advertisement

hi there,

Have: BB 8100 with maps installed
    Have:Holux GPS Receiver.

Dont: know how to configure it.

i have paired my bluetooth HoluxGPSlim240 GPS receiver with my bb8100 but cannot get maps working. I have maps running on my bb but I don't see any roads. I was under the impression that with bbmaps installed, a gps receiver connected via bluetooth that I would be able to use maps and get directions etc.
    All I get is black lines in the back ground and a red arrow pointing north.

Any ideas??

rspoppel no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8100 maps with GPS receiver

That's how it should work. In general you need to pair the devices and then set the device to be a trusted device, then tell the Pearl that you have a GPS by going to Settings, Options, Advanced Options, GPS and selecting the data source. You only do that stuff once.

Turn on Bluetooth, then in BB Maps you on the menu select Start GPS. It should connect with the device and then determine where you are. Might take 30 seconds or so. But if you see the device paired (my GPS blinks when its paired) you should be golden.

Thanks for that. i did what you said but I'm still at the same point. I am 100% sure I am paired with the GPS receiver as i can see 7-10 satellites on the BB. When I cover the GPS I see the number of Sat go down. GPS is set as a trusted device, I have enabled and disabled encryption, Started GPS but still the same black stripes back ground. I'm quite techie and I'm sure it's something very small. Both my blue tooth light and the sat light on the GPS device are flashing which means that there is communication between the bb and the satellites.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I believe in order to get directions you have to go into the Maps software and give it a destination before it will start telling you where to go.

I have not used it with Maps, but I have other GPS Mapping software and thats how I have to do it to get turn by turn navigations.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

-Latufu
    what GPS mapping software do you use?
    I use google maps but sometimes it freezes and my position stays in one place and it won't move..
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mcnultyp
    Thanks for that. i did what you said but I'm still at the same point. I am 100% sure I am paired with the GPS receiver as i can see 7-10 satellites on the BB. When I cover the GPS I see the number of Sat go down. GPS is set as a trusted device, I have enabled and disabled encryption, Started GPS but still the same black stripes back ground. I'm quite techie and I'm sure it's something very small. Both my blue tooth light and the sat light on the GPS device are flashing which means that there is communication between the bb and the satellites.
    Those black stripes appear when it is in the process of downloading data. You do have data service on yourbb, right?

I have the bb maps running. I have noticed that when I am travelling it will give me my direction and my speed but not road layout. When I enter a destination and click search I get an error “A network error was encountered.Check your server settings?? What is the server settings?
    Last edited by mcnultyp; 07-15-2007 at 02:58 PM.