Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

BB maps if you want to use GPS and not pay subscription fee, Google maps ... BlackBerry GPS forum

gabewakeman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e69082

Re: 8100 MAP or Google Map

Advertisement

BB maps if you want to use GPS and not pay subscription fee, Google maps if you want to use google interface and satellite views.

Check out telenav for GPS subscription service with driving and voice navigation (where the phone talks to you).
    "Well done is better than well said!" - Benjamin Franklin

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

I have compared BB Map and Google. There are features that I like on both. Google has an easier (for me) interface. Also Google seems to be more accurate. BB Maps does not have a sub division behind my home that has been there for about 4 years or more.

The one thing that I like about BB Maps is when you get driving directions they are laid out in text at the bottom of the screen. Google just shows them step by step on the screen. Not good for short directions (i.e. turn left on Johnson, go 400 ft and turn Right on Elm) takes too long to load the next step.

So I guess I will just have to use both.

Got to say thought, having full internet at my finger tips 24/7 is more usefull than I would have imagined.

Out in some town you have never been before? Google the place you want to go and get directions from where you are no problem.

I don't have a GPS (yet) but I can see how that will be in my future.

/okay, a bit rambly and somewhat off topic...
    //it is early and only on my first cup of coffee....

MattDub22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e9b904

does anyone know why www.google.com/gmm doesn't wanna install on the 8100, or at least mine. i have tried repeatedly today!!!!

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Does Google Maps use GPS to figure out where I am?

It depends on your mobile provider and device. At this time, only Google Maps for Helio subscribers and for Windows Mobile devices (regardless of provider) are enabled with GPS.

For others, Google Maps doesn't use any GPS technology, even if your phone has a built-in GPS location device.

smegsureshot no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi huys new to the Blackberry. Do I have to pay to use the maps ? I cant seem to get it working.

Regards

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

no...the program and maps are free...but the Data plan to send and receive information is not free

depending on your service provider there are different data plans...i suggest getting an unlimited data plan if you use internet or map services a lot...only $19.99 with t-mobile to get unlimited BB data

hope this helps

Russr42 no está en línea Stack level 2

And google maps does support GPS now. I thought I was it the twilight zone until I noticed the date on this thread.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eliteafroman no está en línea Stack level 1

I ahve t moblie and the free tzones will I get charged for using maps any t mobile users who can help before my bill comes in the million digits >?

napoo no está en línea Stack level 1

me too I don't use maps or google maps... Rogers iN Montreal Canada are super expensive using the data plan... but it's no where close to our Neighbors ( USA ) data plan

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

I loves the google. HOWEVER, edge is just not fast enough to refresh (it seems) on the freeway. BBmaps isn't as slick or featured as Googlemaps, but (usually) it keeps up. And seems a little more accurate. Google seems to be about 20-25 meters off, bbmaps is only 10-15.

Using a holux m1200

friendster2oo7 no está en línea Stack level 1

I use to have a MAP icon on my Blackberry Pearl and I use it before but some reason that the icon dissapeared. Can someone help me to restore the MAP icon back into my Blackberry Pearl.

Thanks you!

geezie no está en línea Stack level 3

i tried to download the google one but it says i need to be on the BES server and i have a regular . whats up with this ??

this blows cuz the blackberry maps is not available on at&t . =[
    Last edited by geezie; 09-13-2007 at 06:47 PM.

My01R6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone got the maps to work without the data plan?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by geezie
    i tried to download the google one but it says i need to be on the BES server and i have a regular . whats up with this ??

this blows cuz the blackberry maps is not available on at&t . =[
    Have you went to www.google.com/gmm from your phone browser...it should take you directly to the dl.

(bbmaps) It's not supposed to be available on att...you have get around it by dling the alx and installing through dm. I noticed my icon dissapeared after I upgraded the os...but it was still in the application list (att removed it). I installed through dm and it works just fine (great actually). I think this is total BS because they want you to use their version (TeleNav) and pay their subscription fee for gps. I should be able to use whatever mapping software I wanna use on my phone and on my phone it's gonna stay (heck it was on my phone when I bought it).

halo32c no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2407589F

When using google maps with GPS. How do you keep screen from going in standby? I notice this does not happen with BB maps.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast