Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Works perfectly and I also prefer gmaps over BB MAPS. I also put in a ... BlackBerry GPS forum

ChrisBBPearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!

Advertisement

Works perfectly and I also prefer gmaps over BB MAPS.

I also put in a bid for the HOLUX 240 GPS receiver. I'm kinda psyched to see if this'll really work as well as others...

Thanks for everyone's great support!

C

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It will only work with BB maps though.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    BBMaps works with GPS but GMaps looks nicer and are more useful. I am waiting for the GPS-enable GMaps to come out, hopefully in the next year.

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can easily turn on GPS with BB maps but I don't see the menu function to do that under Google Maps! What am I missing?

MrBreeze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryD
    I can easily turn on GPS with BB maps but I don't see the menu function to do that under Google Maps! What am I missing?
    Originally Posted by phidauex
    Google maps DOES NOT work with a GPS unit! (not yet, at least)
    BBMaps DOES work with your GPS unit!
    Personally I like Google better, but now that I just ordered my GPS I gotta go with what works.

engz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I posted here awhile back before I took the option for Blackberry Unlimited. I reinstalled Googlemaps OTA after a few weeks w/o it, thinking it would work because of the new plan. Its giving me the same message before "Error: null". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. Should I be on like a BES plan to make this work?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Engz, it could be a bad module, could be lots of things actually. Have you tried to delete the app from the applications menu? Also after you delete that if it doesnt ask you to restart your BB then you can go into the applications menu and click the wheel, then choose modules and find any that have to do with Google Maps and delete them.

Let us know how it goes...

engz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Alright cool. That actually worked. But now it's telling me I need a DATA connection which I do have. If I can remember correctly the Blackberry Unlimited is the DATA plan correct?

Interlude no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quick question, does BBmaps using GPS require a data connection? When I bought my pearl, I thought it was like any other gps system.. load the maps on the unit and it goes off that with the gps.

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Another BB maps question: I tried mapping several addresses in my address book, by selecting "View Home Map" while displaying a particular entry. I get a screen saying "Searching [street address]" and then a window saying "Could not find State/Prov or Country."

How does one map address book addresses? I imported most of my data from Outlook, and the city and state are in the proper fields.

AJMoore87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E9185A
    Im going to have to give google maps a try then. Where can i Download it for my BB pearl? And is it free?

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJMoore87
    Im going to have to give google maps a try then. Where can i Download it for my BB pearl? And is it free?
    http://www.google.com/gmm from your phone.

No, it costs one million dollars. Per use.
    But since you are such a swell guy, they'll let you use it for free.

peace,
    sam

drsoftail no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8100 MAP or Google Map

I need help to reload the bbmaps back on to my blackberry pearl 8100. Can anyone tell me how to do that. Thanks

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Drsoftail, you should be able to load it here: http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...y.do?code=maps or OTA at www.mobile.blackberry.com

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where would I find bb map? I have the pearl and haven't seen it! Also, i've downloaded google maps a couple of times but when I open it, I get the error message saying there was a fatal error and to restart, but when I do and try again I get the same message! Any ideas?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast