Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For some reason when I woke up this morning and grabbed my blackberry to read ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3

Wifi won't connect

Advertisement

For some reason when I woke up this morning and grabbed my blackberry to read the news as I usually do every morning, I noticed that it wasn't connected to wifi. The status shows the horizontal line. I did the battery pull to restart my device, but it still won't connect. I'm not sure what else to check or do since I'm fairly new to the blackberry os. Nothing has changed on my home network overnight, my wifi is definitely working as I can browse the internet just fine on all my other computers. I even setup (initial setup about 2 weeks ago) my blackberry with a static ip address on my home wireless router thinking that this should eliminate some potential issues in the future. Apparently that didn't do any good. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Oddly enough, I had the same problem this morning, when I went to read my viigo news feeds, but since then it has resolved itself.......go figure.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    [FONT=&quot]Does anyone have this app, i like it very much but I'm having a little trouble with it...[/FONT] I purchase it, and downloaded it a copy to my Bold, but I’m having trouble with the activation, every time I put in the code to activate it, it tells me the "The app Sxt has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy, I have no ideal what that is, there is no policy, this is a BIS blackberry, and I’m the admin, but nonetheless, I hope someone can help, maybe I missing something..thanks

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    This is indeed a weird morning for WiFi, as stated in th OP, I get my news fix from bed, and noticed that my WiFi Icon was on; at first I thought it was something with my router, but my laptop works fine.
    So I started looking in the Options, got to "cell Broadcast" and noticed it was "off" I put it on and had no further issue with my WiFi.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Too much of a coincidence for all of us. It may have been an AT&T thing. My wifi symbol would show up on my BOLD but it wouldn't darken in as it normally does when it connects. The problem is gone now but it was strange.

I wish that I could say the same, but mine still isn't working. I rebooted again after reading your posts about your issues resolving themselves. Mine still isn't working, which sucks, because I don't get a consistent signal using the cellular network, inside my house.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    jusMikeP, That happens sometimes - I had no problem this am but when you discover that the wi-fi is not connected usually simply going to the set up and re-scanning will solve the problem.

Did you try that and/or did you get it back up and connected?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I went to set up an re-scanned, it picked up my network and said "connected" with a check mark beside it but manage connections still shows the horizontal line and I am clearly not connected because the wifi logo on my home screen is still dimmed (grey). Thanks for the idea though.

*edit* I even deleted the wifi connection and set it up again via the wifi setup wizard. It finds the network, says connected and everything in the setup. But it's not really connected (see above).
    Last edited by jusMikeP; 12-13-2008 at 01:09 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Any Device Experts out there with a Bold that can offer this user some wi-fi help? It could be a Bold issue - I think he's doing all the right wi-fi stuff.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jusMikeP View Post
    I wish that I could say the same, but mine still isn't working. I rebooted again after reading your posts about your issues resolving themselves. Mine still isn't working, which sucks, because I don't get a consistent signal using the cellular network, inside my house.
    Did you go to your advanced settings and check your cell broadcast as DJSMOOTH did? Just trying to fill in all the circles with you.

My next suggestion would be to get your service provider on a land line since everything else has failed.

Cell broadcasting was turned off and I did turn it on (even though cell broadcasting should have nothing to do with wifi working, it's for receiving messages that are broadcast to every subscribed phone on a network), but it still didn't work so I turned it back off.

My service provider can't help me troubleshoot wifi issues. I have an internet connection via 3g, my BES email is working, everything except for wifi. Thanks again for trying to help.

This is even stranger. When I click on a bookmark in my browser that I set to use the Hotspot browser to use it loads the page and I have the wifi icon at the top right of the browser. I downloaded a movie clip of 2MB in about 6 seconds, and I'm on edge. We all know that isn't possible on edge. So it appears that am connected to wifi, but for whatever reason it's not showing connect in manage connections or via my homescreen wifi icon (grey, instead of bright white). So I don't know what the hell is going on with this thing today, but I guess at least I appear to have wifi.

awesker3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am glad I read this post. I am on the west coast, and I had the exact same problem
    from about 7:00pm and on. I would show the wifi icon greyed out. I did not change anything in reference to my connection.
    I woke up this morning and still had the same problem. What I did was re-send service books, which solved the problem and allowed me to connect to wifi right away. I am not sure why that solved the problem though.
    I think I also deleted the two wifi service books that are under advanced options.
    I hope this helps someone out there.

fortyeighty no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    This is indeed a weird morning for WiFi, as stated in th OP, I get my news fix from bed, and noticed that my WiFi Icon was on; at first I thought it was something with my router, but my laptop works fine.
    So I started looking in the Options, got to "cell Broadcast" and noticed it was "off" I put it on and had no further issue with my WiFi.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i had the wifi issue this morning, did a proper shutdown and battery pull. wifi came back, then turned grey again. followed djsmooth's solution and im back on wifi..will see if it stays. thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast