I understand the new T-Mobile Curve will have wifi capabilities. This may be a dumb ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

wifi with AT&T?

Advertisement

I understand the new T-Mobile Curve will have wifi capabilities. This may be a dumb question, but if you have an unlocked T-Mobile Curve can you use it with AT&T and still acess wifi? Is the wifi "independent" of the carrier? Thanks.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Re: wifi with AT&T?

Im pretty sure wifi is independant... I think its a case of having the hardware or not... Like to use wifi at starbucks isn't connected through att...

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

Well, AT&T likes to make money, so don't count on being able to use WiFi without a data plan. They can lock it easily.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07
    Well, AT&T likes to make money, so don't count on being able to use WiFi without a data plan. They can lock it easily.

Actually our WiFi device's can connect to the internet without a data plan. all they need to do is find a wifi spot that isnt password protected and they can gain access. WiFi is a feature on the device's just like having a media player or camera, its not a service like T-Mobile is offering to make up for their poor coverage areas
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

That is good information. TMO uses WiFi for their call at home crap and yea they do have crappy service in most areas, hence why I have AT&T.