I've got an 8320...and it works pretty well considering the issues others have had. But, ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

WiFi turns itself off during UMA calls...why?

Advertisement

I've got an 8320...and it works pretty well considering the issues others have had. But, now I'm having a really strange problem.

Here is some background information first:
    I live in an area with only roaming coverage, and its not that great in my domicile... so, to extend battery life, when I'm home, I turn off the Mobile Network connection, leaving just WiFi enabled. (Hand-offs dont work on this roaming network, so I just plan my calls accordingly.)

For the past week or two, during UMA calls (not uma), the phone will drop my call, set my WiFi connection to off and then just remain that way.

I can understand dropping a call if my internet bandwidth wasn't stable, but why would WiFi then turn itself off? My battery has ample charge...and everything else is as usual. I am usually on a Motorola H500 bluetooth headset when it happens too.

Any ideas? Is this a hardware issue, time for a warranty swap, something to be fixed in 4.3?
    I'm a born again Androider

DwedPiwatWobert no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: WiFi turns itself off during UMA calls...why?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ are you running 4.2.2.180? I work for tmo, and when I updated to that, the wifi worked so much smoother. You'll actually see it behave differently. Also, hotspot router or your own? PM me.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

i have the hotspot router... been running .180 since release, and my upload figures are nearly 1.5mpbs

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sometimes certain bt headsets are causing strange interferance with riuters as their operational bands are so close together. Others have had problems where they have no problems making UMA calls without the bt headset, but add it into the equation and nothing but problems. Some say they didn't have these problems with the original os it just suerfaced after the upgrade. Has yours worked before with the bt headset in the equation?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

unfortunately, i didnt try the bt headset with the other OS... i forgot that i had it... just found it... just started using it... and now the auto-off WiFi issue... i could see how interference would drop a call... but why does the berry then turn off WiFi?

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sometimes certain bt headsets are causing strange interferance with riuters as their operational bands are so close together. Others have had problems where they have no problems making UMA calls without the bt headset, but add it into the equation and nothing but problems. Some say they didn't have these problems with the original os it just suerfaced after the upgrade. Has yours worked before with the bt headset in the equation?