ok so i just got my new 8120 and when i scan for wifi avalible ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

oc12522 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Wifi question

Advertisement

ok so i just got my new 8120 and when i scan for wifi avalible at home i find one but it says its looked and i need a password. so here the question how would i find this password? and also i have DSL can that modem work to use wifi?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    try
    "admin"
    that is sometimes a default password unless you have changed it
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

ok i tryed putting that but didnt work. the modem for the wifi isnt even mine unless my DSL modem is wat is popping up

Logical_psycho no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248711DD
    admin is the default login name password is the default ( password)

well like i said tryed it but didnt work

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by oc12522 View Post
    ok so i just got my new 8120 and when i scan for wifi avalible at home i find one but it says its looked and i need a password. so here the question how would i find this password? and also i have DSL can that modem work to use wifi?
    Are you sure it's not asking for the modem encryption key? That is probably printed somewhere on the modem around the serial numbers, etc.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

actually yea thats wat its asking me 4 but idk wat it is or where 2 get it

Quote Originally Posted by oc12522 View Post
    actually yea thats wat its asking me 4 but idk wat it is or where 2 get it
    Look somewhere on the modem - it's probably printed on it in small numbers at or near the serial number. If not there, you're going to have to consult the modem manual for finding it or disabling encryption.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

well i went somewhere on my computer and created a wep key. but now i put it in and still nothing

If it's the key that it's looking for and you put in the CORRECT key, it WILL connect. If it doesn't connect, you're NOT putting in the correct key, i.e., the one that it's looking for. I don't think I can help you beyond that.

ok after hours of looking i found it and i finally was able to connect to. now instead of EDGE it says uma but idk y it wont let go any where online and google map not working. so wat now?

UMA is the indication that it's using a wi-fi connection. You're going to have to describe your problems more specifically than "it won't let go anywhere online" and "Google Maps not working." Exactly what are you trying to do - take one at the time - and what responses are you getting? Be specific.

ok for exaple. i click on the browser then go to "pinstack.com" and a thing pops up saying "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. if problem persists please contact your service provider". i have tmobile if that helps

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try changing your browser to being a wifi browser. That work for me when setting up my sons curve with having blackberry service. He is at college with wifi all over the place plus we have a family plan for hotspots@home. Once I changed to the wifi browser it worked fine. Plus check your wifi conection on a open wifi, some place where you see people using their laptops.

well i checked under option> mobile network> connection preferred and it says wi-fi