so a friend of mine has an old pda and asked me if there was ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

davey.mac no está en línea Stack level 2

WiFi possibilities?

so a friend of mine has an old pda and asked me if there was anyway that she would be able to put wi-fi access on it...i told her i'd look it up since i have no life and work 16 hour days and spend most of it in front of the computer. i stumbled upon 'sd wi-fi' cards that came out around 2004ish and apparently there are a ton of these going around. this way you could add wi-fi access to some of your older palm pilots and whatnot through the sd card slot. THEN i got turned onto the idea of microsd wi-fi cards and guess what...they exist!! well not as of yet but VERY soon. a company called spectec apparently has made the first microsd wifi capable cards. they announced this around october 2006 from what i gather. i don't believe i can put up links but google 'microsd wifi' and the first couple of links are what i was reading into.

anywho, does anyone see this working for the pearl? going to the website the only os listed as being supported is Microsoft Windows CE 4.X-5.X. yea yea yea, the 'komet' has wifi and all that jazz...but what about those of us who aren't fortunate enough to be able to trade their phones in?

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: WiFi possibilities?

that sounds exciting to me! i dont' know much about this stuff, but keep us updated

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: WiFi possibilities?

Killer...curious as to what the range would be seeing as though the antenna would have to be...microscopic. Kind of bummer to have to swap a 2gb (or whatever size it may be) card out to save downloaded stuff to.