Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by Karpfish24 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ To me the biggest crutch of the browser ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: WiFi On The BlackBerry: Will It Really Be THAT Great?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To me the biggest crutch of the browser is not the speed but the fact that is displays mobile pages. That is the one reason I would want the iphone, it has a real browser and doesn't display crappy mobile sites
    Have you tried out Opera Mini yet?

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Nothing seems to have been posted in this thread since the release of the 8820. For all the naysayers out there about wifi feature. This feature offers for me wifi at work and my wireless network at home and in public spots that are free. Otherwise I use EDGE. More importantly why wouldn't you if available want to connect to a wireless network? With the dual mode blackberry if gives you another option other than slow edge and now that I have used wifi on my blackberry, believe me its damn slow I don't bother with it anymore. Who would settle for using EDGE when you can browse at three times the speed and surf at lighting speeds. The alternative again is creep along EDGE that makes no sense. I guess most of us still like using slower networks and prefer not to have options or haven't used wifi on the 8820 and nothing to compare to EDGE~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2

nice insight twillingham
    Last edited by bbCT; 10-22-2007 at 09:42 PM.

sherc no está en línea Stack level 1

Browsing with BB8320

Hi there,

I am a VERY new user to BB and I do require some advice if you may.

I reside in Singapore and I've recently bought an unlocked handset that's giving me a bit of a headache when I tried to try to set up my wi-fi. I would usually get the usual 'connected' signal to my home wifi network, but I just can't get the browser (both BB's and Opera's) to work, and the message is always that I'm not connected.

This is all really puzzling and frankly, a little frustrating and disappointing for a device that has gotten such good reviews.

Short of me signing up for my local Telco's blackberry plan, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234