Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is that 192. # the one that is set in the router? If so, yes ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8

Re: wifi not working?

Advertisement

Is that 192. # the one that is set in the router? If so, yes you need to change that and you also need a valid DNS.

Jerivix no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a similar problem. My 8300 associates but doesn't really connect. It says it has an invalid IP, regardless of whether or not it's on DHCP. It also seems to always think it's on DHCP, even if I uncheck the "obtain automatically" box and enter information manually. Any idea on how to change that?

Things I know: your default gateway should be set to the local address of your router (usually a 192.168, so yours looks good). Your DNS should be set to the same thing if the router is propagating DNS connections (and most do).

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8

Is the DHCP enabled on your router?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Don't eBay it! If nothing else, get a replacement!
    I had to swap mine as I couldn't pair BT headsets at all to it, yet could pair to the wifes pearl!

Jerivix no está en línea Stack level 1

On mine? Yes, although it's given me some trouble with wireless so I usually use a static IP. Any ideas on how to disable DHCP with predjudice on the Blackberry?

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by TedB
    yes... i have dhcp enabled on my router...

now, i just tried going to borders and starbucks and was able to connect for about 10 minutes... then all of a sudden, i couldn't get to any website as it redirected me to the tmobile login/signup page... i guess they just give you a taste, then make you want to sign up...

and now that i've tried it, i may have to sign up... it's pretty damn cool...
    - the wifi logo lights up fully and UMA is displayed... i was able to make a wifi/uma call with my mobile network radio turned off... and i was able to surf much quicker on the browser...

i just wish i could connect at home...

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

well... here's what i have to report...

- shut off the wep encryption and voila!! i was able to connect at home!! only thing is... i don't want to have an unsecured wireless network...
    - i tried a number of other combinations with security... i tried a 128-bit wep key and that also displayed success with a green check in the status, but i can't seem to browse any website through the browser...

does the bb just have difficulty connecting to secured networks?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12