Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Which there kind of technically is since it went for a swim in an EXTREMELY ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

Macotti no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Which there kind of technically is since it went for a swim in an EXTREMELY shallow beer river at Fenway Park....(yet that was a few weeks ago, dried out fine, and had NO problems whatsoever until yesterday)..so now I can either just use it on the EDGE network and not bother with WiFi, or pay $110 deductible on a phone that cost me $100 to get a replacement that allows WiFi.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I don't think another wipe is going to help. It's kinda drastic. If you help us narrow it down a bit we can help you.

I recently acquired a 8210. At first it would not stay connect to UMA. I did some research and found out that the newest firmware for my router would help things. Low and behold it is ROCK solid.

So we can basically go step by step here and figure it out.

Like when you run the WiFi setup can you connect and is the WiFi icon opaque not greyed out. Does it show UMA?

Let us know, wiping your device at this point is completely pointless it will get you no where. That is the very last step you want to take.

When I run the WiFi setup it connects fine, I get the red icon in the upper right hand corner, with the letters uma in lowercase under it- signal strength is always good.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Does it ever go to captial "UMA" ?

no, always stays lowercase

PIN/ID
    STACK
    That could be an issue. What router are you using?

Not actually sure- right now I'm at work, and I dont even think the IT people know what routers they use. As for at home im not sure off the top of my head, was just whatever the verizon guy had on the truck.

Even then, it has worked fine the past month with connecting and surfing, why should it stop now all of a sudden?
    Last edited by Macotti; 05-29-2008 at 03:28 AM.

The more I research this online, the more I find about T-Mobile and the lowercase UMA in the upper right hand corner. Seems to be an issue with HotSpot@Home, but the wipes and resets just aren't doing it. Definitely seems to be a software issue.

Well I don't know what happened but it has apparently pulled a Jesus and resurrected itself. uma is now UMA, after doing nothing but sitting there. I am so lost and confused right now as to wtf is going on....seems like a T-Mobile issue then???

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Yeah it could have been a TMO issue. As long as it's working

Choirboyl no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Macotti View Post
    Whoa didnt notice the host of new replies, thought I was having a private convo- sorry guys!

No, no beta software, and It does read UMA in the upper right corner with the red dot and "radio wave thingies" coming out of it. Thats how i know its connected to WiFi. I'm wondering if its a software problem with the browser, yet i dont know how it could pop up if I havent changed a damn thing.
    Macotti try resetting you browser to just the regular internet browser and see if that works. If not try re-registering and get off of the hotspot browser... it's for use at home (when you pay for T-Mobile hotspot. Use the regular browser. If you don't see it set as an option. re-register your phone and give it a few minues to reestablish itself. Then try the internet browser and see if you still have a problem

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just had to delete and readd my home 2Wire connection and my BB is still doing the same thing. I am hoping that either a new SIM card or outright buying the T-Mobile branded router will solve my issues. I think I also submitted a request to them to add the HS @ Home feature.

kevweb321 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was having a similar problem. I'm far from knowing this stuff. I went into advance option and the to browser and I changed the first one from tmo to hotspot one. Then I opened the browser and pressed close and it worked.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    I recently acquired a 8210.

8210? LOL

Well, still so far so good, it has stayed uppercase UMA and hasn't gone to lowercase uma since then, so I assume the problem is on T-Mobile's end. I have three choices for browser it seems, Internet Browser, t-zones, and HotSpot browser. Browser I use is t-zones and so far so good. Maybe that was my first Blackberry Service Snafu?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast