Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey everyone, I'm having a weird issue pop up with my T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl 8120. ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

Macotti no está en línea Stack level 1

WiFi Internet Browsing not working

Advertisement

Hey everyone, I'm having a weird issue pop up with my T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl 8120. I cannot access the internet when using WiFi. I can make phone calls, send/receive text messages with no problem, but when using WiFi, I get a message saying that I am not in an area that can handle data communication.

I have tried wiping the Blackberry and restoring it to a previous config- no luck.
    I have enabled wifi and disabled T-Mobile, cannot access the internet.
    I have tried pulling the battery out and putting it back in -no luck.

I haven't downloaded any sketchy third party apps or changed ANY settings in the phone recently, and it has been working fine for the month that I've had it. All of a sudden, boom! No WiFi usage. I can, however, access the internet when just using the T-Mobile EDGE network......any thoughts?

I know it's not the WiFi spots because I've tried it in 3 different locations with no luck, it definitely seems to be something with the phone. HELP O BLACKBERRY GURUS!!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    well a few questions....
    1- in settings under mobile network change it to wifi perferred.
    2- are you trying to login under hotspots?
    3- most important question, is wifi on?
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Thanks Johnny,

To answer your questions;

Yes, it's on WiFi preferred-actually always been on that.

What I mean by using hotspots is probably not the correct terms. When I'm in an area with Wireless Internet, (home, work) it usually picks up the wifi and runs over that. It's not doing that anymore for some reason, yet I can still make calls and send/receive texts.

And yes, WiFi is on- as well as the data services option.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    okay that helps me out a little more, i hope...lol. i haven't seen that issues with the 8120 as of yet. a few things make sure that they are saved profiles and if they are and you are having those issues, wipe and reload the OS
    http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    LESS
    And your not using any beta are ya?

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i don't think that there is a beta for the 8120...or is there
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Are you sure that it's going over WiFi? If it's actually going over WiFi then it should be saying UMA in your Reception bar. If it doesn't have UMA there then you're actually not using the WiFi for calls or anything.

Have the settings changed for the Routers? The WiFi can be on but it doesnt mean you're actually using it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's the same problem I am having with the same model phone (and a backup 8100). I have to disable and re-enable WiFi to get any messages, yet I can make calls when my phone shows GSM. Also, UMA never stays in my reception bar. It goes back and forth between that and GSM. What's ironic was that earlier today, I left my house and got full EDGE giving me full data capabilities of the phone.

I have already wiped and reloaded my OS.

I actually tried a wipe already, didn't help--I'll try it again in the morning when I get off of work. I have the latest version of the OS right now though.

One thing I'm wondering is if water damage could cause this problem. It seems a bit too specific though, like just this one thing malfunctioning, and the fact that everything was working fine one moment, then 12 hours later poof!

The BB did go for a very very shallow swim in a little river of beer at a recent Red Sox game a few weeks back....but I dried it out and it has been working fine ever since.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    i don't think that there is a beta for the 8120...or is there

Yeah there is one for all devices even 8700 too

Whoa didnt notice the host of new replies, thought I was having a private convo- sorry guys!

No, no beta software, and It does read UMA in the upper right corner with the red dot and "radio wave thingies" coming out of it. Thats how i know its connected to WiFi. I'm wondering if its a software problem with the browser, yet i dont know how it could pop up if I havent changed a damn thing.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    try this resend the service books to it. go to options advnced host routing table, and highlight the wifi option press menu and register.

also when i wsaid wipe i meant do a wipe and then download the current OS and reload that. it could have been a bad load
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post

Yeah there is one for all devices even 8700 too
    didn't realize the 8120 had it, knew about the 8700 though, thanks for the info
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Resent the service books, but had to turn off WiFi and do it over the EDGE network. Still no help though. I can try a wipe sometime tomorrow and see fi that does anything, but if it doesn't I'm going to have to just use the EDGE network for everything since I'd rather not pay the $110 deductible for a new BB.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Well you're covered under a 1 year warranty as long as there is no pyhsical damage or water damage to your device. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast