My phone is showing full Wifi (big UMA with several bars around it) connect ability ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

Question WiFi calls not going through...

Advertisement

My phone is showing full Wifi (big UMA with several bars around it) connect ability and the Internet portion of it is working. However, calls I ANSWER are showing connected, but the person calling is only hearing my phone ring. And calls I make are showing "connected", but never ring through to the person. It's too bizarre.

I have had to turn off WiFi to make calls, which is so weird. I did a battery pull, and it's still doing it. Why?

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: WiFi calls not going through...

Hi Rachael,

I suspect TMO is having some UMA issues as I was experiencing similar problems earlier today, in fact I still am. Earlier I had the big UMA, and if I called someone they could hear me but I couldn't hear them, I confirmed this by having someone swing by my house. For a short while just before I left home it began to work, although I'd tried the battery pull, etc. myself. Then just before leaving it went to the small uma and I got the same symptoms as before.

Now that I'm at my office, I still have small uma and the calls are going over the regular network. At home I got zilch for calls when UMA was down since I only get a very weak or nonexistent signal from the towers. Anyone else out there see this issue?

For anyone who is interested there is definitely an issue with UMA at this time. I just found a similar thread on Howard Forums on this subject. Some of the users are reporting their problems have been resloved as of around 11 A.M., although I haven't found that to be the case. Someone on there did list this number,1-888-882-7177 for UMA support.

As for myself, I'll probably sit tight and just wait it out since I have a normal signal here. I did run the wifi diagnostic tool and everything on the appeared to be connected fine to my eyes, so I suspect the problem is somewhere in their internal systems.

I feel like I'm having a conversation with myself here... Well, FWIW my UMA is once again large and now appears to be working for voice calls. So anyone still having the issue should probably just give it a short while and the fix should roll your way.

jsweetser2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EC7CA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had this problem too however when I reset my router and updated the firmware (lynksis) I have had 0 problems. I haven't tried to make any calls via 3rd part routers yet (Starbucks) but my home connections are fine

Hope this helps!

Sent with Blackberry Mobile

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605

I too had the problem yesterday...Got about 3 calls and couldn't hear anyone on the other side...

I didn't even start with my browser...I just gave up and turned off Wifi...was fine after that.

Still feels that the technology is not yet perfected...I get clicks and some noise when on UMA calls...

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3

I have issues also. When I attempt a call in wi-fi the first call always fail, I then redial the number and most times it goes through. When I receive calls and attempt to pick the call up it gets disconnected. This doesn't happen when I shut the wi-fi off, I'm going to call TMO tonight to see if its some kind of fixable issue especially since the dat signal in my home is not good.