Has anyone noticed any problems with using WiFi when there is an Xbox in the ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

WiFi and Xbox 360

Advertisement

Has anyone noticed any problems with using WiFi when there is an Xbox in the house? I finally took my wifi router out of my home network because every time my son fires up his xbox with wireless headset, I completely lose my internet connection on all computers! This only happens when I have my wireless router in the loop. Someone told me they have the same problem with wireless in their house and know it's due to the Xbox.

The only reason I have the wireless setup is for my BB 8120 and I don't really need it, but it was nice to have the extra speed when surfing on my BB. But it's definitely getting to be more trouble than it's worth! Anyone know of a solution? (I've already tried ordering my son to never play Xbox again but that didn't work. LOL)

Thanks!

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    I'm far from an expert-but I have a similar problem when running my XBOX and Internet.
    I believe it's a bandwidth or even a router problem--both are "too small" (ie. don't back enough "punch").

Basically, it's either get a more powerful router, a larger bandwidth, or chuck the XBOX (I don't promote the latter...but hey, destruction...to SAVE the Berry).

Let me know if you get a solution, or if I'm way out in left field. I'd love to know myself!

Best of luck!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hmmm - maybe I'll do some research on the possibility that I need a different router. I'm up for axing the Xbox for the sake of the BB

I'll definitely write if I find out anything. If anyone else knows anything, please share!

rjm2009 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A896B
    Ill take the xbox off your hands!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gringo911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same here Lol.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sorry, the Xbox isn't mine so I guess I can't go getting rid of it....

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I noticed that If I'm not using a tmobile router and I have my phone xbox and laptops connected my phone occassionally drops from UMA. When using the tmobile router I have better luck. Just simply because that router sets asides a certain amount of bandwidth for the phone to use only. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mine works jus fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try having your router broadcast on a different channel. I'm betting that the wireless headset operates in th 2.4 GHz band, like your wireless router and many cordless phones, etc. Your router will probably normally select a channel for you, but most have the option for you to choose a dedicated channel (1-11). You would have to experiment to see which channels are not being used by other 2.4 GHz band items in the house (aka the Xbox wireless head set).