Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by oates03 FREEWARE (preferred)/ SHAREWARE (if good) Are there any third party applications ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

thebache1orette no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MORE: Wifi & Email (3rd apps)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by oates03
    FREEWARE (preferred)/ SHAREWARE (if good)

Are there any third party applications that I can load to my 8320, that will pull email via wifi (e.g. POP3 & IMAP).

I do not have the BIS/ BES plans, so my email is not routed/ pushed through the RIM mail servers
    i am also in the same situation...have u found a program yet? thanks

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Wifi & Email

Quote Originally Posted by oates03
    What other plans do you have with TMO? I am not able to get wifi email. I have spent days on the phone with RIM and TMO. I have been told that I need at least a dataplan, because the emails are still routed thru the RIM email (push) servers.

I really wanted to use WIFI email and not have a dataplan for SAFETY purposes. I do not want to get email, while I am in the car.

I have not found a way to get email over WIFI. Can anyone offer assistance? Please recall I do not have a BIS or BES internet data plan.

Maybe there is a 3rd party email application that I can load to the BB 8320.
    I have $9.99 BIS addon plus the $9.99 hotspot@home. This allows me to receive calls, email and txt messages via UMA. I originally had the unlimited email and data addon $19.99. I decided to drop it down to $9.99 email only and then add $9.99 H@H for the free calls. I use my WIFI connection to surf the net and download other content.
    Last edited by GadgetProne; 10-18-2007 at 05:22 PM.

oates03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Smile Re: Wifi & Email

Sorry, no progress in finding a 3rd party WIFI application. I have also posted a similar inquiry on the PDAStreet forum.

The setup that I am doing is:
    $9.99 - W@H = UMA
    $9.99 - Unlimited Family MSG (txt/ SMS)
    $9.99 - TMO 2 TMO
    1000 MyFav Family Plan

I do not want email in the car, because I was finding it a distraction and inturn my incident percentage was rising

The WiFi application would allow me to get email while at a residence or the office.

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

I get mail on my 8820 using wifi and data turned. Off. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

oates03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

The difference between what I am describing and what you are describing, is that you you do have a data.

The email is still routed through RIMs servers, you are julst getting the email pushed to you.

I am looking for a way to go directly from my 8320 to a POP3 account or OWA account.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You would probably need a third party browser installed, such as Opera Mini and then would have to do a manual pull of the e-mail, using something such as the gmail or yahoo interface apps that can be installed on these devices (I believe still availabe as their respective websites). There definitely would be no timed or automatic push/pull of the data as everything as it works now is routed through BB servers. To get accomplished what you want would incur a setup I am describing (which I believe would be possible but not fully sure) that bypasses the RIM servers and uses third party and the wi-fi strictly.

richcee no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by twillingham View Post
    I get mail on my 8820 using wifi and data turned. Off. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How do you have your 8820 set up to do this. I have the same phone and can't figure out all the settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12