Please someone help me understand WiFi. it's active on my 8320 but I'm not sure ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

sweet_pants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Jus Ask

Question WiFi

Advertisement

Please someone help me understand WiFi. it's active on my 8320 but I'm not sure how to use it or how it works... I'm so unexperienced...

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    i dont have a 8320 (i have 8310) but I can at least explain to you how wi-fi works.

Wi-fi works like a cordless telephone. You have the reciever and the base. With wifi the base is the router and, in your case, your phone is the reciever. The router can be secured where it may require a key or password for access. If you are in a public hotspot, you may be able to access it for free, or you may have to pay before oyu are given a key.

With making calls over wi-fi, you phone uses the wifi router instead of a tower to connect the call. This ends up saving you airtime (if you pay for "hotspot @ home", which actually isn't limited to you being at home).

sorry i cant advise you on the phone.
    Last edited by Kero351; 07-07-2008 at 11:03 PM.

sweet_pants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Jus Ask
    Thanks! this totally makes sense now. I have Tmo So I would probably have to look into with them about hot spots. My router @ home broke and I'm soon to replace it.

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    no problem, good luck!