Ok I have a problem in like a week I will not have any internet ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

WebzAce no está en línea Stack level 2

WiFi

Advertisement

Ok I have a problem in like a week I will not have any internet on my bb curve. Is there a way for me to use like Facebook and Ramble I'm with out the interent. And what is the purpose of WiFi?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: WiFi

are you using the browser to try to access the pages when your using wifi (wireless lan network)?
    If you are, try getting operamini and install it. In options there you can select which connection to use.

Also make sure your APN settings are set to nothing (options -> advanced -> TCP) clear all information there if you are going to use your WLAN connection. Just to be on the safe side.

Are you sure you setuped the WLAN connection successfull?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

What is WiFi?

Welcome to stack!

WebzAce no está en línea Stack level 2

My connection is fine and all but the issue is my interent. Its going to be removed in a weeks time due to the bills. Is there any other way of connecting to the interent or using the program ramble with out the internet?

btmg no está en línea Stack Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WebzAce View Post
    Ok I have a problem in like a week I will not have any internet on my bb curve. Is there a way for me to use like Facebook and Ramble I'm with out the interent. And what is the purpose of WiFi?

I tried to install Opera mini and downloaded it off the cell using the wifi connection. Guess what,,,, it installs but does not initiate. It gets to the end and tells me that it has not connected to the internet. Interesting since I am on wifi. This phone is less than 2 months old and already its pissing me off. other than the great email capabilities, its worthless. My Nokia kicked some major a.s.

What is the point in adding a wifi feature on the cell when it is not good for anything else but browsing with the BB browser. This means,,,no sip calls, no skype, no fring, no msn, nothing. Totally useless. I will give this phone to my son to play with and buy a real phone. E 90 seems to be the way to go.