Hi, I am having the most weird problem. I have the four locations where I ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

smacks no está en línea Stack level 1

Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Advertisement

Hi,

I am having the most weird problem. I have the four locations where I connect to internet wirelessly from my laptop. Now in three of these locations, my Curve connected when I entered the security key and I was able to browse the internet on Wi-Fi. The one place I have the problem persisting is at home. I have the same router in all four locations, a linksys wireless router.

Today I did something. While at work, I browsed cricinfo.com a cricket portal. Now when I came home, I assumed that I couldnt link to the website from my Curve, however, on cricinfo alone, I could view pages I have never visited. So I tried using ping from my Curve. Apparently cricinfo.com alone it is able to resolve and load the pages, however, absolutely no other website it loads, even if I gave the IP of those websites. It just says "could not resolve host name". For cricinfo.com alone, any link from there, it seems to go to as if there is not a problem in the world.

This is really weird. What's more, I kept the Curve away for about 20 minutes and then when I tried to load cricinfo.com, it stopped loading this page as well. What's going on? Please help. I need the wi-fi at home more than anywhere else.
    Smacks

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Sounds like the cricinfo page is using the wifi or internet settings for the browser. Make sure that your browser is set up correctly to read either wifi or internet. I always set mine to internet as this allows the browser to use either wifi or the GPRS whe it is the only thing available and this resolves the host issues. You also may have to reboot your router and reestablish a connection to make sure all connection issues are resolved.

Good luck.

smacks no está en línea Stack level 1

No, I don't think you understood what I said. It has something to do with being able to connect to the internet if the initiation occurs somehow. And then again after some time if the connection is not kept alive, it looses the connection.

Any ideas folks?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Yes I understood what you said, but I have seen this happen when you try to connect from a non-wifi initially configured page (I have bookmarks for both gprs and internet initiated pages, as if the link initiates from the wrong page initially it will not work a lot of the times). Since it happens only from home, like I said did you try and reset your ISP modem and your router as your ISP may have not yet updated its DSN routing table and this will give unreselved host issues as well. Just something to try as you stated it only happens at home (so it sounds like a home ISP issue (I too have recently had to reboot mine at home a couple of times after my recent extended absences). ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~