Why is the system such a mess? I am really frustrated and am dropping calls ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Why so many problems?

Advertisement

Why is the system such a mess? I am really frustrated and am dropping calls constantly when my phone tries to move from UMA to Edge. I had surgery and have had to "reside" in my bedroom the past few weeks. Almost all calls drop, and people are getting "out of reach" e-mail from me. Not so good.

All e-mail and text is going through. Just a mess of UMA/Edge. Will the new OS fix this, or is this a constant outage issue? Or a my phone issue? (I've cleared memory, done battery pulls and have a brand new SIM card...)

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Why so many problems?

i dont think its an issue with your BB device, probubly some network conflicting issue, i dont know much about the new OS but maybe, they are always improving on that. not much help, sorry

No, it's helpful. It makes me not want to throw my Curve through the windows of my local store. Customer Service told me it was my SIM dying. It's been replaced... Granted I've had the same SIM since 2003, but it wasn't the SIM. The reps at the store told me that's just what CS will tell you as a first "fix" step.

Anyone else have any ideas?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I suggest you getting the Tmobile linksys router, here are the recommended settings...

DTIM: 2 (1-255)
    Fragment Threshold : 2304 (256-2346)
    RTS Threshold : 2304 (0-2347)
    Beacon Interval : 50 (20-1024 ms)
    Channel = 3 (or least used channel in your area)

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

i think youre on a network UMA/Edge boundary

i agree with flash24 a router will fix that problem

also under:
    Options
    Mobile Network
    you can select a preferred connection setting to Edge or Wi-Fi only one or the other or both

I have a curve too.... so that may help, let me know

I will have to consider getting one of their routers. I was just thinking of getting a WiFi range extender, too. Our router is a couple of year old, so if wouldn't hurt to get a new one!

I know how to set the preferred connection, I just hate to put it on Edge when I know I'll pick up the UMA network.

I probably won't attempt the switch for about 5 weeks - going to Miami for a month to work. Will let you know what works!

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

Consider also that UMA service was launched with 2 models of wireless routers also sold in stores. there are HUNDREDS of available models of routers out currently with millions of possible variations and combinations of settings. It is impossible for a wireless company to test ALL of these to ensure proper compatibility. Check your hardware first, then adjust options, and after that, also consider this is a known issue as there has NEVER been a company to offer this type of service in combination with their current service so there are going to be a few bugs. I know its frustrating, but give it time and it will work much more fluently.

If you would like more info or assistance feel free to contact me directly.
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8

brnangl528 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    I suggest you getting the Tmobile linksys router, here are the recommended settings...

DTIM: 2 (1-255)
    Fragment Threshold : 2304 (256-2346)
    RTS Threshold : 2304 (0-2347)
    Beacon Interval : 50 (20-1024 ms)
    Channel = 3 (or least used channel in your area)
    Where do I find these settings to update them??
    Love my addiction :)