Re: Where is the WIFI

Advertisement

Pearl + Wifi = Sniffer

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Quote Originally Posted by bpwtx2
    . Why are we paying $20 a month for an archaic connection less than 56k? I get a 1.5 Mps DSL line for 12.99 / month.
    My 6Mbps cable modem only works at home. My BB gets a data signal everywhere. To me it's worth it for a device that works pretty much everywhere. And both GPRS and EDGE are faster than 56k. (though with GPRS that's academic and splitting hairs).

I'm actually thinking of going in the other direction and getting a 3G services and ditching the cable modem. 1.6-3.2Mbps HSDPA would be fast enough, plus I could use the service in a lot more places that just my home. I've already ditched the landline (actually I never had one) so this would just be further extension. The thing is I would have to get 3G services for both me and my wife. So for now the home cable is cheaper. But I do see me eventually ditching the cable. It seems like a waste to pay $$$ for something that can't be taken with you and only works in one place.

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

I hope they make that micro sd wifi card compadable with the bb os

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah, that would be cool. I'm a poor college student living on campus in the dorms. We got Wi-fi all over campus and i can't afford 20 bucks a month for internet. I got my bb pearl for free online with a new 2 year t-mobile contract. All i need now is to graduate and get a job. Then I will be able to afford internet. I'm so close. Muahahahahahaha.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

EDGE isn't as bad as some people think. the only real difference in browsing speed is if you have it tethered up to your computer. do not mistake hardware limitations with poor internet speed. if you had as much RAM in your smart phone as you did your laptop/desktop, your mobile internet would load at speeds that you wouldn't be yearning for 3G browsing. When it finally comes, if they haven't beefed up the processor/ram, you won't notice a big difference from your 2G browsing. The only people that would notice (again) are those that tether.

Take radiobee for example. I got rid of it because phone limitations make it pretty poor for the average online station. Tether up your phone to your computer, then go to winamp. choose ANY station up to 128kb's and click it and I promise you will get uninterupted streaming music.

The average user on here is wanting 3G for the wrong reasons. The only way your mobile browsing is gonna pick up is if more ram gets thrown in to fully utilize the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmcelroy
    I hope they make that micro sd wifi card compadable with the bb os
    RIM would be shooting themselves in the foot. They are going to be releasing new models with wifi built in. Why release an OS that would allow an old (and very cheap to purchase) phone to have wifi and push sales away from expensive, new models?
    I don't think they will be visited by the 3 ghosts anytime soon so better to hope on that 8300 being released by june, Tiny Tim. *crosses fingers*

Jiffer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204EFB0F

Any updates on the free use od EDGE ???? That caught my attention !!!

avelazquez1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CC444

The EDGE net work is kinda slow so having that WIFI option would be nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12