I connect to my wireless router with the 8820 but when I try to open ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Unable to find the requested server

Advertisement

I connect to my wireless router with the 8820 but when I try to open pages i get this error message. Seldomly I can connect for only for a minute but cant seem to browse from page to page or my wifi icon goes gray then back to black if I reopen the browser but overall I get the error message listed in the title Somebody please tell me what gives with the 8820 with "wifi" It doesnt seem like RIM was ready for this at all.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Unable to find the requested server

Quote Originally Posted by twillingham
    I connect to my wireless router with the 8820 but when I try to open pages i get this error message. Seldomly I can connect for only for a minute but cant seem to browse from page to page or my wifi icon goes gray then back to black if I reopen the browser but overall I get the error message listed in the title Somebody please tell me what gives with the 8820 with "wifi" It doesnt seem like RIM was ready for this at all.
    Have you tried to reset the router. A lot of people have had problems at first and then when they reset the browser all is well.

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

You say reset router then you talk of resetting browser. Which is it or both how would one reset the browser~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by twillingham
    You say reset router then you talk of resetting browser. Which is it or both how would one reset the browser~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry mistype there. Try resetting the router. As far as how to do so, i'm not sure just what i have heard other people doing to correct issues with UMA and WIFI.

bigbinsocal no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same issues with my 8820.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Try to configure yur apn settings and the easiest way to reset the router is pull the power cable and then reapply power and let it reset, just like you would with your cable/dsl modem, which you may also try to reset. In order to put in the APN settings, you will need to tell who your provider is, so that the correct info can be supplied. It is on this site but it will have to be located. I can try to help if I get more time. Life sure is hectic right now.

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

This happens at times. This can occur not only from settings on your router but also on the phone. Keep in mind your router and phone are not used to connecting as it wasnt an option before the WIFI curve came out there are a few bugs. a refresh or a few seconds usually will fix the issue.

also when using your wifi browser make sure the wifi is selected as your default.
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8