If the wifi network requires users to log in, will UMA calling be possibe for ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

jbombs16 no está en línea Stack level 2

UNA/Wifi possible with browser login?

Advertisement

If the wifi network requires users to log in, will UMA calling be possibe for the 8320 on TMO? Will the wifi access even be possible?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: UNA/Wifi possible with browser login?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) as long as it says "UMA". Your calling through it. At least that's what I was told, but you can get to that without registering your wifi connection.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you cant* sorry
    Last edited by jkai2188; 10-09-2007 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3

WiFi access is possible with web-based login; you didn't mention if that is the sort of login your network requires. There is a "Login to Hotspot" button after you have connected to the network that will use the WiFi browser. Any automatic redirects by captive portals should take you to the login page.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jbombs16
    If the wifi network requires users to log in, will UMA calling be possibe for the 8320 on TMO? Will the wifi access even be possible?
    I login to the college wifi and use UMA for calls everyday. Once connected I go to Google using my browser....it brings up the University Login page I put my info in and then it connects me to Google and my UMA activates.

PIN/ID

Whn setting up wifi on your bb (depending on the Auth method) you have the option to enter username and password.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jbombs16 no está en línea Stack level 2

it is a web-based login. So that will work. Is it possible to have it set to login automatically ?

off topic but is it possible to have it automatic with my laptop too? logining in all the time is just annoying

jswitzer31 no está en línea Stack level 2

maybe this will help someone. here are a list of UMA error codes you might get under Wi-Fi Status under the UMA heading.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...ror-codes.html

of interest to me is the error code W006.1 - ISP or T-Mobile network error. This is what I get when I connect to my University wifi under the UMA status. (I have registered my MAC address with the university, so log in isn't required every time.)

I can use the internet under WiFi but not UMA calling.

Could the university be blocking a port that UMA needs?