Hello, Last week I posted while sitting at O'Hare International about my 8320 not connecting ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

8320Curve no está en línea Stack level 2

Question UMA not Connecting

Advertisement

Hello,

Last week I posted while sitting at O'Hare International about my 8320 not connecting to the two access points available there.

I am now overseas and have the same problem - I can "see" a router (and connect to it really) but not get aq connection.

What I mean is that I can scan for wireless networks - see it and try to connect, then save it. It will ask me something like "you are not connected to X, save anyway?"

I have tried to use my browser to get to a username/pw entry but that does not work. When I check my wireless connections I can "see" the routers MAC address, signal strength etc. - I just can't connect to it. In the status line it has what look to be like a euro "do not enter" sign in yellow.

I do not have daily access to the web and have been trying to find an answer to this in the evenings while browsing on my 8320...

Is there a solution to this - as switching to BB and getting the 8320 for UMA is the only reason I have it.

Thank you very much.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    some routers simply may not let you connect.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If the network use VPN, you can scan and connect, but still no access.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~