Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My UMA works great when it comes to the browser and all, but when on ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

UMA needs to be improved!!!

Advertisement

My UMA works great when it comes to the browser and all, but when on the phone forget it. When I'm on the phone with someone there is a lot of call failed, break ups to the point where the person can't hear me or the call won't go through. I know its the wifi because it works with no problem when I turn if off. When I do turn if off my calls be clear with no drops.

I hope the official 4.5 OS from T-Mobile fixes this issue. This would be my biggest problem that I have with my BB.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    My UMA works great when it comes to the browser and all, but when on the phone forget it. When I'm on the phone with someone there is a lot of call failed, break ups to the point where the person can't hear me or the call won't go through. I know its the wifi because it works with no problem when I turn if off. When I do turn if off my calls be clear with no drops.

I hope the official 4.5 OS from T-Mobile fixes this issue. This would be my biggest problem that I have with my BB.
    I have virtually no problems with UMA except for occassional outages. My UMA calls have the same call quality as non UMA calls. The only other problem I have is the call can be dropped when handing over to EDGE. I can live with that and if I start a call at home I finish it or tell them I will call back in a minute once I am out of range of my router. I do have the Tmobile branded Linksys router that is optimized for this and it works great. The only places I might have issues like you are talking about are if it's a crowded public hotspot, but starbucks works great too. Try making calls from Starbucks and see if it's better.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    The quality that i get on uma is incredible! i had pretty much no signal when im at home and with the tmo lynksis router i get all my calls the the quality is awesome, i do get some calls dropped when i go out of range from the router, i believe is about 20 or 30 ft--
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I have basically the same situation with calls - I hardly ever complete a call without it dropping recently. It currently seems worse than it was but I think quality fluctuates a lot from time to time. The browsing is incredible though.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    I have problems with mine all the time. I didn't used to, but I've been having more and more trouble lately. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    UMA works perfectly for me.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    have any of you thought that it could be your Internet? or even the router u use? I have Cable and use the Tmobile Linksys Router and I don't have NO PROBLEMS....if you have a slow connection your data wont go thru as smooth

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I think it depends on the router, cause some places work better than others for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    have any of you thought that it could be your Internet? or even the router u use? I have Cable and use the Tmobile Linksys Router and I don't have NO PROBLEMS....if you have a slow connection your data wont go thru as smooth
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    I think it depends on the router, cause some places work better than others for me.
    Wireless performance, good, bad or (especially) intermittent could be the result of any one or more of the hundreds of variables. I use the AT&T 2-Wire modem and my wireless connection, and performance, is great...but it wasn't always. Before I got it "tweaked" to work right, I considered changing routers, ISP's, etc. Now that I have it working fairly well, if there are "breaks" in the browsing I can't tell it ... and the connection seems "rock solid." Yet the wireless call performance is great sometimes and very "iffy" at others. Who knows?

If I had a sure-fire answer I'd change to it immediately, but there doesn't seem to be a perfect (guaranteed) answer so we do the best we can.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Where can I find the T-Mobile Linksys router?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Where can I find the T-Mobile Linksys router?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Heavy, I guess you're serious - you can order it from T-Mobile. They used to have a rebate for the entire price so it ended up being free (if you're a T-Mo customer.)

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Wireless performance, good, bad or (especially) intermittent could be the result of any one or more of the hundreds of variables. I use the AT&T 2-Wire modem and my wireless connection, and performance, is great...but it wasn't always. Before I got it "tweaked" to work right, I considered changing routers, ISP's, etc. Now that I have it working fairly well, if there are "breaks" in the browsing I can't tell it ... and the connection seems "rock solid." Yet the wireless call performance is great sometimes and very "iffy" at others. Who knows?

If I had a sure-fire answer I'd change to it immediately, but there doesn't seem to be a perfect (guaranteed) answer so we do the best we can.
    I have a 2WIRE modem also and my UMA isn't so good. What did you "tweak" to get it to work good ?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I haven't ever had issues with UMA. Never tweaked my router either. I have used the Tmo one and a non Tmo router. I make all my calls from home on my bb on uma, so I use it a lot. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Yea, it's not perfect. Lately, I've been hearing a lot of static, but sometimes it's crystal clear. As far as call failing, I rarely had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by thagame911 View Post
    I have a 2WIRE modem also and my UMA isn't so good. What did you "tweak" to get it to work good ?
    thagame,

Readin this thread, posts #80 thru 90 - I think #88 pretty much tells the tale. If you have other questions post in here...or in that thread if you like. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast