Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone else experience this? i thought the updated OS was supposed to fix this. i ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

UMA constantly dropping calls

Advertisement

anyone else experience this? i thought the updated OS was supposed to fix this. i constantly have it go from a strong UMA connection to SOS

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: UMA constantly dropping calls

People are reporting problems with maintaining connections, but there is more to this problem than just the device. There is so many variables in the UMA equation that just the OS can't be the deciding factor unless your device is the only problem. You need to look into the router connecting to and the set up of it. The broadband connection you have. The Broadband modem you have. The other things in the area that may be intrfering and the way you are using it (BT is known to cause perfectly good cnnections to drop due to the freq interference). See where I am going with this? If you have a problem post some of your settings and we may be able to help get the connection stable. I drop no calls at my home.

thanks

shaddow no está en línea Stack level 2

Jaymz,

My UMA drops frequently aswell. I was told by t-mobile that it was an issue in my area (NY) and it was working to be resolved. What part of the country are you in.

When my UMA drops, i find that if i disable and enable the wifi, then the UMA picks up 75% of the time.

when your UMA drops, how fast does it reconnect, or what steps do you take to reconnect it?

Thanks.

mulezrule no está en línea Stack level 1

At work, my UMA calls ring then immediately drop upon answering. I usually get three audible beeps on my phone. It doesn't matter if I originate the call from the 8320 or if I am called. I have used UMA at an open hotspot and it worked fine, I did not transition networks as there was no cell signal available.

The wireless network is WPA2 secured with certificates. I can connect and receive a good signal. I control the firewall and have allowed UDP 500 and UDP 4500 out to T-Mobile.

If I turn off the mobile (T-Mobile) network and only use wifi, I still experience the problem described in sentence one. I will test from another wifi network and report.

My BB 8320 is running 4.2.2.180.

Am I missing something?

What kind of router?? Prrobably not possible, but have your tried it without security (or a lessened level, although the device never had trouble with WPA2 some of my other devices had trouble so I settled on WPA)??? Do you have WMM and QoS enabled as these are supposed to help as well??

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I've been having some issues with my uma but that was really only after the cable conpany came by to do some maintenceon my box. They rewired my router and it started acting up. I installed it back and I'm stll having these issues. I know when you use the motorola s9 stereo headset it will not connect your call at all. You can't here the phone ringing if you are calling someone, and when they answer the phone you show the call is disconnected and they show the phone call is connected. Ummmmmm. Let me see I had a buddy who had a connection issue where it kept going to sos when connected to wifi and he got the dlink router t-mobile carries and so far so good. So there are a few issues that t-mobile is aware of and are working on but like it was said earlier the more info you give the better some one can assist. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mulezrule no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    What kind of router?? Prrobably not possible, but have your tried it without security (or a lessened level, although the device never had trouble with WPA2 some of my other devices had trouble so I settled on WPA)??? Do you have WMM and QoS enabled as these are supposed to help as well??

Squeakr,

No chance in reducing security. From a wifi connection stand point I am solid. I think where I am probably having problems is that this traffic is routed through enterprise Nortel and Cisco equipment in a complex network. I am looking into the QOS.

I had a similar problem with Avaya VoIP, where I could place the call but not get voice. The Avaya problem was corrected by correctly configuring the firewall for the traffic. I just don't know enough about UMA network traffic to configure the firewall.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of what ports, protocols and traffic directions are required to allow UMA through a firewall?

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

I can not use UMA at all on my home WIFI. With WIFI enabled Iget a strong UMA signal and callswill ring through but they failassoon as theconnection is established

I'm on Verizon FIOS DSL in the metro NY area and am using their Actiontec router for hard wired connection but my WIFI is controlled by an Apple Airport Extreme. Since it's a home network and I have the luxury of playing with the settings I tried several things: Disabled all security. Opened up all the ports (TCP/UDP 0 - 65555) and shut down all firewalls. I still had the same issues.

I did some lengthy troubleshooting with TMobile at the time and they came to the conclusion that (for the moment) their UMA WIFI connections aren't compatible with FIOS internet

Since the HotSpots@Home was the primary reason I went to TMobile in the first place they were pretty good about allowing me to unlock the Curve (I paid full price for it) and allowed me to cancel my contract with no ETF.

I moved the phone back to my AT&T account where I can use the WIFI function to browse and not have to dealwith dropped calls anymore

Yeah, looks like you have the double whammy. Both of what you are using have had problems with numerous users. The Apple routers have been giving several fits of rage trying to get the UMA to work (the wifi forks fine, but the UMA just doesn't want to play nice) and the Verizon has pproblems for numerous users with their modems as well. I have read where some were able to get into the user interface and change the firewall settings in order for that to work. Looks like you got the double whammy going there and I feel for users with your problems as the UMA works great for me and I have had no problems, since getting rid of the Belkin routers (there stuff is nice but locked down to the enduser/owner as the firmware offers no flexibility, but junk for UMA) and going to my T-Mo Linksys (worked like a charm out of the box) and now the Buffalo routers (blow the Linksysy away and so much better interface). Sorry for your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Jaymz,

My UMA drops frequently aswell. I was told by t-mobile that it was an issue in my area (NY) and it was working to be resolved. What part of the country are you in.

When my UMA drops, i find that if i disable and enable the wifi, then the UMA picks up 75% of the time.

when your UMA drops, how fast does it reconnect, or what steps do you take to reconnect it?

Thanks.
    when my wifi drops, it'll go to edge or gsm then the uma will pick back up within 20 seconds but once it's dropped once i'm doomed because if i call again with the uma, it'll drop the call within 30 seconds. at this point i usually have to switch to my house phone.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have used UMA with no problems since I got my 8320. However, in the past 2 days, I cannot get a confirmed UMA connection even though I have a great WIFI connecrtion. Hmmmm

thisguy10 no está en línea Stack level 3

my UMA is not working right now...anyone else having problems.

i came on to make another post about how mine has been down for most of the day. i've even deleted and remade my connection twice but still nothing. a guy in another post said the system has been down today

kurtseneca no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have used UMA with no problems since I got my 8320. However, in the past 2 days, I cannot get a confirmed UMA connection even though I have a great WIFI connecrtion. Hmmmm
    is it fixed yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast