Hello, I just got my BB Curve 8320 Titanium, yesterday. I tried googling, calling in ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

BBCurve87 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trouble with Wi-Fi Connection

Advertisement

Hello, I just got my BB Curve 8320 Titanium, yesterday. I tried googling, calling in T-Mobile customer service for help but everytime I call it I would get a different answer I'm really lost =(.

First time they said give it a day so it can adjust, done that.

Second time, the pda department told me something is wrong with my phone i doubt it It is new.

The thing that is bothering me is that yesterday i was able to connect to the internet using wi-fi and this morning too, but it stop working. I'm connecting through my home Wireless internet (Time Warner Cable) Modem D-614+. When i turn my wi-fi on i see a yellow circle with a dash in the middle. Please, some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Trouble with Wi-Fi Connection

That means that WiFi is on but not connected. Try deleting the profile for your home router and setting it up again. Also make sure you have the latest updates for your router installed.

how do i delete the profile for my home router?

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Manage Connections<WiFi Options<Delete

did that, problem still there =(. also tried resetting/rebooting my phone,modem and router.

unable to find requested server message appears when i try going to websites. yahoo,com from the browser, and yes i've set the default browser to wi-fi too.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Best thing I can tell you to do to determine if it's your router or your phone is to try to connect to someone else's WiFi and see what happens

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

i had a similar problem... i went to starbucks and borders and was able to connect to wifi/uma and determined that my router was outdated... i had an old usrobotics usr8054 router...

picked up a new linksys wrt54g router and... VOILA!! wifi/uma works perfectly!! give that a shot... only $50...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Is your internet working fine? Your WIFI is sometimes working but not UMA?

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Is your internet working fine? Your WIFI is sometimes working but not UMA?

Yea like flash said. It might be your service provider
    BB8900 is mine!

jay.cappy no está en línea Stack level 1

I had a similar problem today. I tried a dozen different things but the last one seemed to work. I reset the modem and Linksys router and it came back again. They also asked me to open up ports 500 and 4500 on my router. I do not think that helped.

Here are some interesting findings:
    1. Tech support told me that the BB 8320 has 2 ports, one for data and the other for voice
    2. Before you call Tech support, run 2 test on your BB that you can email to them:
    a. Options -> Wi-Fi Connections -> Wi-Fi Diagnostics (you can email the report)
    b. Options -> Mobile Network ->Diagnostics Test (you can email the report)

With the Diagnostics test, the IP address of the T-Mobile servers is listed. You can also Ping IP addresses and do a DNS lookup.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

make sure that QoS is enabled on the router... as soon as i enabled QoS on mine, what you described is happening to you became a thing of the past for me...

if you have more than one setting under QoS, enable WMM and APSD but 'No Acknowledgement' should be disabled.
    I'm a born again Androider

lol yeah i found out the problem was with my router it was too old, got a new one automatic setup and bam i have my wifi and everything up n working thanks for all the help guys!