"this is a wi-fi service please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2

"this is a wi-fi service please ensure your device....

Advertisement

"this is a wi-fi service please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again." out of the blue i have started recieving this message when trying to use the browser with gprs rather than wi-fi it was only a few hours ago that i was updating my facebook status via gprs. i don't get it. please can somebody help as i can now only surf at wi-fi hotspots.

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B
    go to options, advance options, browser, and set default browser configuration to internet browser.

Did the trick for me.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    huya gm4l. Thanks for the reply. This isn't a fix for me as the only available browser is the wi-fi one. For some reason I don't have another. Am going to attempt to re-install the os tonight to see if that works

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i had the same problem, a os re-install worked like a charm

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
    huya gm4l. Thanks for the reply. This isn't a fix for me as the only available browser is the wi-fi one. For some reason I don't have another. Am going to attempt to re-install the os tonight to see if that works
    Sometimes, when that happens to me, I just pull the battery and the Internet Browser magically reappears after the reboot... My guess is it's a BB memory issue of some kind...
    Last edited by o1sowise; 05-14-2008 at 11:13 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Also try going to either the Setup Internet Email and resend the service books. You may get the browser back that way.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Also try going to either the Setup Internet Email, then the Host Routing Table, which resends the service books, and reregisters the BB on the network. You may get the browser back that way.
    Minor typos corrected LOL

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Has the issue been fixed with the reloading of the OS. If not were you by chance running the beta software? I've seen a few issues in which that would happen. The only real solution is reloading the OS or having the internet service books sent back to your phone. If you are running any of the beta software then it won't work. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    i prefer to have the wifi browser set as default browser. it actually saves me a lot of money because i can't accidentially use the gprs network to browse the web