Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't know if anyone else saw my post on a different topic in similarity. ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Small case uma, I want UMA!

Advertisement

I don't know if anyone else saw my post on a different topic in similarity. But to circumvent the inconvenience of not being able to use email/data while using lowercase uma, you can go to Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Change Data to Off when roaming. And that will tell the phone to route your push emails through Wi-Fi instead of uma.
    --
    Walt

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    I have had this problem since last night, I coudn't figure out how to make my small case uma to go UMA. I've tried everything from power cycling my router and modem, rebooting my device, reseting my WiFi, re-sending my host routing table, turning the WiFi network off then on.

I've called Tmobile and they said will have to call me back because they can't resolve it.

I'm using a linksys router from T-Mobile.

Sorry if this has been posted..

Thanks guys!!
    Tmo has an issue in CA and NV, with uma not being connected and getting an error. I beleive it is a w006.2 error. Don't know exactly where to check it, but it is under the wifi diagnostic portion.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

It's finally been resolved!

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

Does anyone know if there's an issue with this in South Florida also because I'm only getting uma instead of UMA and I have done everything even wiping the device.
    ~via BB Curve 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Try re-registering your host routing table

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

I already did that. I guess my curve is going back to TMobile since I can't solve the problem. Thanks anyways.
    ~via BB Curve 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

ahh it's 10:49am here in CA an I was wondering if anyone else is just getting the small uma? I'm sitting right next to my router and I've cycled down both the router and the wifi from the phone. Hmmm looks as if I only get small edge too.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

bogdancl no está en línea Stack level 1

It is the network not the device. The best solution I found is to set the wireless router as follows:
    1. channel 10
    2. broadcast SSID
    3. protocol b AND g

Hope this works

hagop37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244BE076
    The reason you have "uma" and not "UMA" has nothing to do with your device. No need to wipe anything!

It's simply because you don't have the BB Service added to your account. I just bought my wife a Curve on T-Mobile, updated the OS to 4.5, and already had the family hotspot @home calling.

Here Curve connects to the router, and gets the red signal bars with "uma." My Curve on the other hand, shows the "UMA" in caps.

The only difference between our devices/services are: I have the BB service and she doesn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12