Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had this problem since last night, I coudn't figure out how to make ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Small case uma, I want UMA!

Advertisement

I have had this problem since last night, I coudn't figure out how to make my small case uma to go UMA. I've tried everything from power cycling my router and modem, rebooting my device, reseting my WiFi, re-sending my host routing table, turning the WiFi network off then on.

I've called Tmobile and they said will have to call me back because they can't resolve it.

I'm using a linksys router from T-Mobile.

Sorry if this has been posted..

Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by flash24; 09-26-2007 at 05:07 PM.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Small case uma, I want UMA!

In this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ge_county.html They said T-mobile will resend service book to resolve. Haven't tried it myself yet.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Thanks man.. lol i knew something is wrong.

badjuju no está en línea Stack level 1

I had a similar problem - I purchased my BB yesterday and had not been able to get email working. In my case, I had a lowercase edge, not uppercase. The rep from tmo had me remove the battery and reinstall it. Also, make sure you don't have your BB connected to anything like power adapter, etc.

jeffsaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EE28B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I also called this morning about this and the rep told me there is a problem in the california area with the wireless that the engineers are taking care of or at least trying to take care of

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsaha
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I also called this morning about this and the rep told me there is a problem in the california area with the wireless that the engineers are taking care of or at least trying to take care of
    I really hope they fix it soon

FishCake no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow, I didn't even know there was a difference between uma and UMA. I also only have the uma, what exactly does this mean??

Also, even when I get the uma and the little red bars, I get this message on some pages I try to browse: You are not in an area that can handle data communications (or something close to that). What does this mean?

Thanks,
    FishCake

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2

Same thing happening in Las Vegas area. Tried resending service books, but to no avail. I think this is a TMo problem. It was UMA yesterday and today uma....
    "Would you say I have a
    plethora of Blackberrys?"

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Yea, mine was UMA all day yesterday, til that night.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

No problems in FL UMA all night.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't even get a UMA signail at all. I do get Wi-Fi internet but not once since I got my curve it has shown up. I tried re-sending the service books and all but nothing works.

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Arrow Re: Small case uma, I want UMA!

Quote Originally Posted by FishCake
    Wow, I didn't even know there was a difference between uma and UMA. I also only have the uma, what exactly does this mean??

Also, even when I get the uma and the little red bars, I get this message on some pages I try to browse: You are not in an area that can handle data communications (or something close to that). What does this mean?

Thanks,
    FishCake
    I didn't notice the difference really either, but I recalled seeing something about it in the manual. Sure enough - with a UMA connection you can use the phone, sms, mms, pin message, email, everything. With only a uma connection you can not pin message, email, and I'm not 100% sure but from what I can tell you do not make a successful connection to the Blackberry infrastructure (not sure what goes through this connection, probably the PIN messaging services)

In addition - I spoke to T-Mobile regarding this, and they are "upgrading the system" in California, with no estimated time of completion. Take it to mean what ever you like - I'm just the messenger teehee

OH! And I found a really in depth explaination of UMA and how the technology works at http://www.umatechnology.org/overview/ ... I hope all this helps!
    Last edited by PacificDude8; 09-27-2007 at 01:16 AM.
    --
    Walt

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

AHHH I didn't even pay attention until I read this post. I knew sometimes I would get a small edge but I didn't know that the small/large lettering had significance. I guess I should open the booklet
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by Moe2005
    I don't even get a UMA signail at all. I do get Wi-Fi internet but not once since I got my curve it has shown up. I tried re-sending the service books and all but nothing works.
    Did you do a full restore from your older device's back up?

If so, wipe your 8320, do an advance restore (restore only address book, phone logs, saved emails, profiles, etc) Don't restore any of the service book.

Once your done restoring, resend service book and you should be good to go.

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Did you do a full restore from your older device's back up?

If so, wipe your 8320, do an advance restore (restore only address book, phone logs, saved emails, profiles, etc) Don't restore any of the service book.

Once your done restoring, resend service book and you should be good to go.
    I did all that and I'm now getting lowercase uma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast