To start off I've already talked to bb suport straight at RIM as well as ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

School network problems

Advertisement

To start off I've already talked to bb suport straight at RIM as well as tmo bb and wifi support and the it department at my school.

My school (IUSB) used pptp for their protocol of VPN. I see on the bb that it uses ISPEC. That in itself is one of the biggest problems. How do I change that. Can bb even get on a network that uses pptp. I've fiddle around in the wifi advanced diagnostic screen as well as manually adding a network and messing around with all of the options in there as well without any luck. I've also already manually added my mac address with the school. Still no luck.

When in options>VPN when creating a VPN the first thing it asks for is vendor type and you have a long list of things to choose for. NOBODY in the it department new what that was for.

Soooo...how do I get around this. Any ideas anywhere. There has to be somebody out there that knows.

simonminshall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068A03C

Re: School network problems

its a good en, not sure, just know that RIM prefer IPSEc, however, to achieve what you need to achieve why not try out Mergic VPN which provides PPTP.

Simon
    Simon Minshall
    Mobile Data Consultant
    www.mobileguy.co.uk
    0844 8845474

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4
    Quote Originally Posted by simonminshall
    its a good en, not sure, just know that RIM prefer IPSEc, however, to achieve what you need to achieve why not try out Mergic VPN which provides PPTP.

Simon
    What's mergic VPN. And what does it do