This blog lists a few of the pros and cons of voice over Wi-Fi , ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

AZA43 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Pros and Cons of BlackBerry VoWi-Fi

This blog lists a few of the pros and cons of voice over Wi-Fi, or VoWi-Fi, on BlackBerrys, as well as a few reasons why these devices will likely become more popular in the future, even though carriers may not want that to happen.

Check it out.

Do you all use VoWi-Fi often? Why and where? What do you like about it? And what do you dislike?

Overall, I'm very pleased with VoWi-Fi calling on my Curve 8320.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Hmmm... Let's see. I'm a carrier, and there's a device that I can charge a premium for, I get paid for you using the device, and I don't have to do anything to support the infrastructure that you talk on. Yea, I wouldn't want that!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm T-mo, flex-pay, and I use VoWi-Fi simply because it's there and it's on. Being flex pay I currently am not offered any of the "@home" services. My primary use for wi-fi is to speed up browsing the internet (interpreted: make it possible) since my only home coverage is GPRS and GPRS is impossibly slow (to no) internet browsing.

Since my wi-fi is turned on all the time, when I make or receive calls I use it - it uses up my minutes and I get an occasional dropped call but it's so much better with than without it I use it all. If I'm ever offered talk forever, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm still a happy camper.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com