Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

and by Wifi, I mean wifi only (i.e. works with wifi with NO data plan.)... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3

Programs besides Jivetalk that works with Wifi?

Advertisement

and by Wifi, I mean wifi only (i.e. works with wifi with NO data plan.)

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    Webmessenger.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wizmatic no está en línea Stack level 2
    I installed the webmessenger to use with wifi and for whatever reason it's just not connecting? Anything you'll think I'm doing wrong?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Work wi-fi for me: BB browser, Opera Mini, Pinstack Loader (with 4.3, not with 4.5 for me), Google, Soft Reset (not 4.5),

Can't get to work: Viigo, Documents to Go (4.5 ap), Worldmate Live hang in "register" forever - (free version, http://www.wmlive.com).
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Work wi-fi for me: BB browser, Opera Mini, Pinstack Loader (with 4.3, not with 4.5 for me), Google, Soft Reset (not 4.5),

Can't get to work: Viigo, Documents to Go (4.5 ap), Worldmate Live hang in "register" forever - (free version, http://www.wmlive.com).

On your pinstack loader with 4.5 you need to change your browser emulation mode from blackberry to internet explorer

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    On your pinstack loader with 4.5 you need to change your browser emulation mode from blackberry to internet explorer
    The only options I have are:
    Blackberry, Openwave (WAP), Openwave Gateway, Microsoft IE, MS Pocket IE and Netscape.

I was set on Blackberry - Microsoft IE worked!...but it's real slow loading...like 45-60 seconds to load a page. that's not usable but it's better than nothing. I loaded "Latest Discussions" just as an example and it took 51 seconds to load.

Any idea why so slow? It was "zippy" fast under 4.3 - just an observation. (I'd NEVER have thought to pick a MS option on my BB.)

Anywy, thanks a million for the tip, jeff!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Its cause its loading the page as if it were being opended on a PC. It contains all the scripts and full quality images and such. But when you load any page with blackberry emulator it remove scripts and lowers image quality. All the emulator does is tell the website what kind of machine your on.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I switched back to blackberry mode and the pinstack launcher work twices as fast. these are my settings

I switched back to blackberry mode and the pinstack launcher work twices as fast. these are my settings
    Not having a data plan (I guess) my only 2 options for Browser are "Hotspot Browser" and "t-zones" - I can use either but they're both as slow for reasons you already explained. I tried all the other options for Emulation but none worked the Netscape with the same results.

Here's what's funny - Opera Mini works using "Blackberry" as the Emulation selection and it's sort of fast - at least IT works. How come, you think, that works and Pinstack Launcher doesn't work at all using Blackberry emulation?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Im not sure man, I wish I could test it out. Im the only employee at my work that used a 8320 everyone else uses a 8310

Im not sure man, I wish I could test it out. Im the only employee at my work that used a 8320 everyone else uses a 8310
    Just a thought...I wonder if you can turn off the radio on the 8320 and test the wi-fi-only portion. I may try that to see if it works - my main BB (data plan and all) is the 8320. Of course the 8320 is still on 4.2.2.184 and I don't intend to change that until an official 4.5 release is out for that.

I turned off the radio (phone) on the 8320 and the Pinstack Launcher worked fine via wi-fi only. It may not be a valid test since the 8320 is OS 4.2 and the 8120 is 4.5 - this may be a 4.5 release issue. The wi-fi only puzzle: Opera works great on the 8120 - Pinstack Launcher seems to load fast but I get a blank display - I'll have to think about this!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    yeah the blank display is caoming from the emulator mode that the 8120 is set to

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post

Opera Mini works with Wifi?

yeah the blank display is caoming from the emulator mode that the 8120 is set to
    I don't mean to be "thick" but why Pinstack and not anything else? Is there something about the Pinstack Launcher that is different? Do you think I could do something with the Openwave (WAP) setting to overcome this? (I'm just looking for a wi-fi solution - there may not be one. )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast