Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone here who owns a Wii successfully connected it to the Linksys router using ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Problems with wireless connection - T-Mobile's router(WRT54G-TM) and Wii

Advertisement

Has anyone here who owns a Wii successfully connected it to the Linksys router using the wireless connection settings? I've tried automatically connecting and manually inputting the information to no avail. My eyes are tired from reading all the Wii and Linksys related boards. Can my fellow stackers help me?

Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    quiche, If you're eyes are tired you may not like my reply but I believe that most wi-fi connection problems are not because of the brand of router you use but rather either the settings on the router, conditions of your phone line or settings on your phone. Read through this thread - there's a lot of info regarding wi-fi connection problems. My own experience begins with post #80. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    quiche, If you're eyes are tired you may not like my reply but I believe that most wi-fi connection problems are not because of the brand of router you use but rather either the settings on the router, conditions of your phone line or settings on your phone. Read through this thread - there's a lot of info regarding wi-fi connection problems. My own experience begins with post #80. Good luck.
    Thanks for your response, but it's not my Curve I'm having a problem with. It's getting my Wii to connect to the T-Mob router. And since there are others out there who have the H@H service and possibly other wireless devices besides their phone connecting to the router, I thought this would be the best route to take to resolve my issue. I've done a search on this site already and could not find what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by quiche; 10-12-2008 at 01:42 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry. I read wireless in your title and, I admit, through your post too quickly - when I read across wii it read "wi-fi" in my head. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had mine set up with my Wii for about 2 weeks. I got rid of the T-mobile router because it had nat issues with my xbox. I don't remember any difficult issues setting it up. One good troubleshooting suggestion is to set the router up unsecure to see if it connects then implement your wpa or wep security key. Most of the time I have trouble with wireless is the encryption key is wrong or wireless mac filtering is set up and I'm getting filtered. You might also change your ssid to something else. I've connected to the wrong router before thinking it was mine. It's also helpful to reboot your router unplug it from the wall for about 30 seconds then plug it back in. Hope this helps.

Jeff

P.S. Don't forget to resecure your wireless.
    Last edited by jonesjj; 10-12-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesjj View Post
    I had mine set up with my Wii for about 2 weeks. I got rid of the T-mobile router because it had nat issues with my xbox. I don't remember any difficult issues setting it up. One good troubleshooting suggestion is to set the router up unsecure to see if it connects then implement your wpa or wep security key. Most of the time I have trouble with wireless is the encryption key is wrong or wireless mac filtering is set up and I'm getting filtered. You might also change your ssid to something else. I've connected to the wrong router before thinking it was mine. It's also helpful to reboot your router unplug it from the wall for about 30 seconds then plug it back in. Hope this helps.

Jeff

P.S. Don't forget to resecure your wireless.
    Thanks Jeff. I'll try connecting while unsecure. Everything else you've suggested, I've tried.

Well, it worked unsecure, but when I turned security back on, it would not connect. I'll just have to do this wired. Thanks for your help!

How are you setting the security up. If it connects unsecure but won't when you secure it it is usually a passkey error or mac address filter problem.

How are you setting the security up. If it connects unsecure but won't when you secure it it is usually a passkey error or mac address filter problem.
    I have it set on wpa2 personal. I've tried mac filtering off, nothing. Turned it back on and added the address, nothing. When the Wii asks for a password, is it asking for the router password or passkey? I've tried both, it didn't work.

Do you have to use wpa2? I am using wpa-personal with tkip encryption.

I don't have to, I'm just overly paranoid. I'll try a lower encryption. I'll update tomorrow.

I'll mess around with my settings tomorrow using wpa2 and see what I can come up with. I don't have any wpa2 devices except the wii so I don't use it. I don't even think my 8320 uses it but I might be wrong on that. We'll get you wireless one way or another.
    Last edited by jonesjj; 10-13-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: spelling

I'll mess around with my settings tomorrow using wpa2 and see what I can come up with. I don't have any wpa2 devices except the wii so I don't use it. I don't even think my 8320 uses it but I might be wrong on that. We'll get you wireless one way or another.
    My 8320 works just fine on it. Thanks again!

I have it working with wpa2-personal using both AES and WPA-TKIP or WPA2-AES. I don't have the T-mobile router but the setting's should be the same. The password the wii is asking for is the passphrase you set up in the router. This is case sensitive. There is a firmware update on linksys's web for this router. I dont have any information on it but the version number is 5.00.38 published on 11/30/2007. Hope this all helps. Maybe it's just the router not liking gaming devices that's why I switched to the 600n.

I have it working with wpa2-personal using both AES and WPA-TKIP or WPA2-AES. I don't have the T-mobile router but the setting's should be the same. The password the wii is asking for is the passphrase you set up in the router. This is case sensitive. There is a firmware update on linksys's web for this router. I dont have any information on it but the version number is 5.00.38 published on 11/30/2007. Hope this all helps. Maybe it's just the router not liking gaming devices that's why I switched to the 600n.
    I've tried everything but the firmware update. I have it downloaded and that was going to be my absolute last resort. I read the linksys boards and the few posts I read, the update didn't work for them. I hate to update and screw up something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast