i saw this posted somewhere but cant find it now. The only network ive been ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

open networks!!

Advertisement

i saw this posted somewhere but cant find it now. The only network ive been able to connect to is the secure one at my house. At school there are many that ive tried to connect to as well as at the mall by my house. All are open. Most of the time it will say im connected but i wont have uma and it wont let me use the uma for anything. Under the wife diagnostics itll say connection speed 54mbs, connection aqquirred. but then farther down under vpn and uma i have various errors. the two that i remember off the top of my head are w006.0 and w010.0. ive already wiped and advanced restored several times. and spent two hours on the phone talking directly to a RIM rep, who could help me either. is there anybody out there who can?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: open networks!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats a huge technical problem, usually you get replacements for problems like that because they have no idea how to fix it

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by spike41615
    i saw this posted somewhere but cant find it now. The only network ive been able to connect to is the secure one at my house. At school there are many that ive tried to connect to as well as at the mall by my house. All are open. Most of the time it will say im connected but i wont have uma and it wont let me use the uma for anything. Under the wife diagnostics itll say connection speed 54mbs, connection aqquirred. but then farther down under vpn and uma i have various errors. the two that i remember off the top of my head are w006.0 and w010.0. ive already wiped and advanced restored several times. and spent two hours on the phone talking directly to a RIM rep, who could help me either. is there anybody out there who can?
    I mean, someone will be able to fix it, but you won't get to speak with them on the phone.... They have techs that'll look at them once they get returned and figure what's going on

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the same problem should I return my phone I just bought it yesterday

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    At my school we have open networks but in order to use the internet you have to go through the homepage. Does the 8320 support this? I can't get a connection. It keeps giving me a failure notice.

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~same here I hate it

ccjjr59 no está en línea Stack level 2

hwn, yes it does support this. I have done this before. It connects using the wifi utility and then you go to your browser and login. Mine lasts a day for the authentication, but it probably depends on the organization.

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17
    Quote Originally Posted by ccjjr59
    hwn, yes it does support this. I have done this before. It connects using the wifi utility and then you go to your browser and login. Mine lasts a day for the authentication, but it probably depends on the organization.
    Does the browser have to be wifi? I have it setup that way but it give me the wifi connection error

getmetty no está en línea Stack level 1

See JimCanuck's reply in this post:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._question.html

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Well, at my school, we need to register our wireless devices such as our laptops, I will try to register my bb so that I can use it.