Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by hydn From the Famous Boy Genius : "It has been confirmed to ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: All new QWERTY BB (Camera, WIFI, expansion slot, new processor, video) - Info Leaked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    From the Famous Boy Genius:

"It has been confirmed to me that RIM will have a BlackBerry with WiFi most likely in time for a Christmas release this year. The device is said to be an 8700-type form factor. Also confirmed is a QWERTY BlackBerry with built-in camera, and similar specs to the current Pearl / 8100, except with more RAM, a faster processor, and most likely an updated camera as well. This model is the BlackBerry 8200. The device is said to be the same size or very close to the Motorola Q. RIM is still testing out different hardware configurations and colors, but black seems to be the choice. I'm working on getting pics, so stay close!" -- [Via Engadget Mobile]
    The way I read this is that a new 8700 style model will have WiFi. The Qwerty BB will not. Anyone else read that the same way? If it's accurate, that's a shame. WiFi on the 8200 would make it complete for me.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: All new QWERTY BB (Camera, WIFI, expansion slot, new processor, video) - Info Leaked!

Found this on RIMarkable today. Could it be true???? QWERTY CameraBerry and WiFi? Looks like it!

QWERTY CameraBerry with Wi-Fi in time for Christmas
    It seems like we have been posting a lot rumors coming from Engadget’s mobile insider and BlackBerry Forums supermoderator Boy Genius lately, however, his word is golden and he has yet another leak on an upcoming BlackBerry model.

Over on Engadgetmobile, the Boy Genius tells us that Research in Motion will most likely have another CameraBerry with a full QWERTY keyboard and WiFi by Christmas. Additionally the new device, which will be called the BlackBerry 8200, will have a faster processor, more RAM, and possibly even an updated camera as compared to the BlackBerry Pearl.

Boy Genius says that RIM is still testing out hardware configurations, however, the BlackBerry 8200 will be about the size of a Motorola Q and black seems to be the front runner as far as colors go.

All that I can say is, “Get us some pictures Boy. We are dying to see what it looks like”.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

saving my nickles and dimes now - sorry 8100 you just got dropped
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

DH
    DH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203AA62E

FINALLY..................!!!!!!!
    Best Regards,
    DH

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I might be carrying two Blackberries. One work, one play. Sounds awesome!

labrat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D12451

Can't wait!!

mafoe no está en línea Stack level 1

great information, thank you very much.

nevima no está en línea Stack level 1

For Sale: 8700r.............................LOL!

If these rumours are confirmed, it's gonna be a very merry Christmas indeed!!! But why go back in model "#"? Why not go higher than 8700? 9000 is nice and even!!!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

If you already have your carrier's high speed internet, what's the purpose of wifi? Surfing in airports and such?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Surfing at home on my home network. I don't have EDGE coverage at my house.

nevima no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    If you already have your carrier's high speed internet, what's the purpose of wifi? Surfing in airports and such?

Well, Rogers' high speed internet (EDGE) right now goes up to 150 kbps, whereas wifi goes up to 3 mbps!!! A huge increase and on top of that, downloading in "a hotspot" (wifi) does not take away from your data plan. I'm on the old $60 "unlimited" (up to 25 MB) plan and I'm increasingly getting way too close to that cap. If I don't get a BB with wifi soon, I'm gonna have to upgrade to the $100-200 MB plan!

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

aawww i have to wait until Dec '06........aawww man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i was thinking about getting the 8100......but if the 8200 is coming out soon i will wait
    Deucedst

Deemster no está en línea Stack level 1

T-mobile is having a new blackberry come out in 1 week they have the dummy phone that he showed me it is smaller then size of the Q looks nice has a camera and such. thats all i know i bought my bb 8700 model couple days ago and he showed it to me.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Deemster, Welcome to PinStack.

That shell he showed you would be the 8100. But I didn't think TMO was supposed to admit that those were coming yet.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

any word if there will be a Vz CDMA version?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12