why do i keep geting this msg Reason W010 wi fi association Failed anyhelp... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

lowram00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

need help

Advertisement

why do i keep geting this msg Reason W010 wi fi association Failed anyhelp

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: need help

RIM hasn't posted WiFi error messages yet, but the message implies either you haven't chosen the correct encryption or didn't enter the correct key to connect (associate) with your WiFi network.
    JerryD

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Nobody knows for sure. On another forum, someone stated that this error was due to aweak or out of range signal that failed to connect. I have seen this error, when I failed to connect (even though I was using the laptop at the same time, so I know it wasn't signal strength, and the key was correct) and when I rescanned it connected without error with no changes of anything, so go figure. In fact when I reported the problems to the T-Mobile support reps, they could care less what these errors are reporting (which I would think would be key troubleshooting aids). This leads me to believe that either know one knows for sure or that no one it telling what exactly the errors mean, and that is why they aren't interested in what they are reporting. Although one good thing did come out of this in that the support reps gave me a direct dial number into their division, so no more being passed from one depsrtment to the next until I end up in the correct department finally.

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8

Is this a network that you have been able to connect to in the past?

lowram00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

yea i have a road runner and linksys wireless router

atechus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello, i basically had the same problem connecting to my home network, one of the main problem getting the W010 network connection failure is because your router is stopping you to access the wifi. All started when i got BB exchange, since i was messing around with the router access security before i change my BB, i finally find out the my MAC filtering was on on my router, Solution, I just turned off and let my bb connect to the network, once it was connected i turn back on the MAC filtering option.

If this fail for you, reset your router to factory default

have fun!!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    W010 means that the wifi network is not available (probably the most common error code) what this means is the wireless network is not in range or its just pulling a very weak signal. The basic fix for this issue would be to move closer to the router. Or try moving to another location in your home/work to try and reconnect.

Hope that helps. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Also try rebooting the router! THis is a big one people miss, I rebbot mine every other week as a preventitive thing. I hardly ever have NW problems. Also the Phone needs and a reboot once in a while and in the case of the BBs, a battery pull OR in the case of the Curves you can hold down the ALT key< the Right side shift key> and hit delete, this will reboot the Phone.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")