I upgraded my wifi router to the belkins N and it works wonderfully except for ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

N network warning

Advertisement

I upgraded my wifi router to the belkins N and it works wonderfully except for the fact my 8320 resets endlessly. I have to unplug my router and reboot my phone to get it to stop. I read some specs off of bb.com and it says it is a know issue and I need to upgrade my phones OS to 4.3. What the heck is that.

Anyone know where I can get 4.3 before I return this wonderful piece of crap (router)?

Also
    Anyone know if the linksys N router does the same?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: N network warning

Supposedly 4.3 is supposed to come out before year end for the majority of the newer style blackberrys. Since it's not a "fact" and more speculation, you might be sunk.

4.3 only exists on the 8130 right now.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    Supposedly 4.3 is supposed to come out before year end for the majority of the newer style blackberrys. Since it's not a "fact" and more speculation, you might be sunk.

4.3 only exists on the 8130 right now.

which models does this supposed upgrade include? gotta keep my 8700g unil May.
    Andy

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be for the 88xx, 83xx, 81xx, and 87xx.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

The only N router that is available today that is worth recommending is the D-Link Extreme DIR 655. It is the only router that will do both N (as a seperate connection) and others. From what I am finding it is the only one that can do N seperately. The others will downgrade the entire system to the slowest standard, so having N doesn't mean that you will get full N (they would be rolled back to G when the BB is connected tot he network, which if you are like me is whenever you are withini range). I have the Belkin as well and it is crap for use as a UMA router (as Belkin has locked down the firmware and given very few options to the end user).

Having said that, I tried the D-Link and the battery life on my device suffered. Others have had no problems, so maybe I didn't have it fully optimized. I thought it was just my device, but the wife's BB also saw the battery life take a hit to the tune of about half the battery life that we were used to the rest of the time prior to the new router. For right now, unless you need the extra N stuff for specific functionality, I would recommend a standard G and run the DD-WRT open firmware on the device. I just picked up a Buffalo WHR-HP-54G and the distance is outstanding (has a high power amp built in) and I have yet to update firmware or up the power output. The reviews on N just aren't that great as the standard is not yet finalized.