Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by rubuntu ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I still don't understand why people running around ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Live shots - WiFi & GPS enabled BlackBerrry 8820

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rubuntu
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I still don't understand why people running around about wi-fi.Surly it would be nice to have it for things like voice over ip (skype etc.). Firstly, it will eat the battery like crazy. Secondly, honestly is it really that necessary to use blackberry at home when you can use a laptop or stationary pc. And finally, most of the times I am not near hot spots when I use my blackberry. Just like now I am outside the city. Cheers!
    wi fi is a great feature for rural BB users like myself...light up your house and get great cell recep!

100LARSKI no está en línea Stack level 1

My signal it's not to great at home wifi would be a big help.

flava no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rubuntu
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I still don't understand why people running around about wi-fi.Surly it would be nice to have it for things like voice over ip (skype etc.). Firstly, it will eat the battery like crazy. Secondly, honestly is it really that necessary to use blackberry at home when you can use a laptop or stationary pc. And finally, most of the times I am not near hot spots when I use my blackberry. Just like now I am outside the city. Cheers!
    amen to that...give me GPS instead...(I know, I know, some cars have GPS installed, etc, etc.)

pyaragabroo no está en línea Stack level 1

when it comes to ATT, will you need a data plan to run the wifi, or can you just get a voice plan or family voice plan and use the internet only on wireless networks. I prefer not to pay a fee for data, and since there are hotspots everywhere now, seems like wifi will be very useful. Anybody know if ATT is gonna restrict the wifi usage to only data plan customers?

rubuntu no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by pyaragabroo
    when it comes to ATT, will you need a data plan to run the wifi, or can you just get a voice plan or family voice plan and use the internet only on wireless networks. I prefer not to pay a fee for data, and since there are hotspots everywhere now, seems like wifi will be very useful. Anybody know if ATT is gonna restrict the wifi usage to only data plan customers?
    i don't thinks so mate! wifi is something between your blackberry and a router (hot-spot in your case). my guess is that you can only have voice plan and connect to the hot-spot when you need internet access. i am assuming that 8820 will have wifi internet browsing. cheers! the problem with that is you rely on hotspots and they are: 1. unreliable (connection wise) 2. unsecured (blackberry does not provide as much protection as over gsm, edge etc networks. imagine a situating...some "freak hacker" gain access to your blackberry (while you are you transmit data over wifi) and plant a virus to your blackberry. then use your imagination what happens next.
    Last edited by rubuntu; 09-01-2007 at 04:56 AM.

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

This 8820 is pure sex for me! I cant wait for Tmobile to get it so I can get it!
    But, can someone explaine to me the short version of why Wi-Fi is such a demand? I dont get it, how would you use it, what makes it such demand? I do want GPS though

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

When is TMo getting the 8820? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines
    This 8820 is pure sex for me! I cant wait for Tmobile to get it so I can get it!
    I mean I know we all love our BBs but if the 8820 is sex for you, you might want to see somebody about that addiction!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123