hi. is there an application that scans, detects and connects to open wifi hotspots automatically? ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

LF:open Wifi hotspot detecting app

Advertisement

hi. is there an application that scans, detects and connects to open wifi hotspots automatically?
    its a hassle to manually scan areas for hotspots. and frustrating when the bb sees hotspots but cant connect.
    thanks!

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Your blackberry should be able to automatically connect to hotspots without searching, I know my 8120 can, maybe this is a feature yet to be implemented? You should call your provider and ask them about this, it could just be a setting you have. I think actually that what I just mentioned is true, because I have what's called a "Hotspot" wi-fi profile, that automatically activates in a wi-fi hotspot, maybe you just need to set that up.

moreorles319 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2427D76D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedragon64 View Post
    Your blackberry should be able to automatically connect to hotspots without searching, I know my 8120 can, maybe this is a feature yet to be implemented? You should call your provider and ask them about this, it could just be a setting you have. I think actually that what I just mentioned is true, because I have what's called a "Hotspot" wi-fi profile, that automatically activates in a wi-fi hotspot, maybe you just need to set that up.
    where can i see this profile? if you are talking about the browser profiles, i have that. though it does not automatically scan and connect to new hotspots. i can connect automatically to already "known" hotspots which i have scanned and connected to before. what i want is an app that automatically searches and connects to open wifi hotspots in new areas that i go to.

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Well it should be in your wi-fi connection settings, I recommend calling T-mobile (611) and having them guide you through it, that is the problem, but I don't know why it would be doing that.

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3
    The "Hotspot" profile that comes pre-installed on the T-Mobile 8120 just connects to T-Mobile branded hotspots. (i.e. Starbucks, etc.) It does not connect automatically to other types of open hotspots as far as I know.

I don't believe there is a way to automatically do what you want. You could add the names of frequently open hotspots though. (such as "Linksys", "Netgear", etc)

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bangus236 View Post
    hi. is there an application that scans, detects and connects to open wifi hotspots automatically?
    its a hassle to manually scan areas for hotspots. and frustrating when the bb sees hotspots but cant connect.
    thanks!
    this would be really nice. let me know if there is something like that available.