I have recently replaced my Belkin N1 with the T-Mobile Linksys router and the service ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Lets track woring routers.

Advertisement

I have recently replaced my Belkin N1 with the T-Mobile Linksys router and the service and my connections are working as expected now, better connections with all devices and computers and no more feeze ups of the router.

Let's all post our owrking routers as I would love to go back to N, but don't want to buy another lemon. Anyone have an experience with the D-Link DIR-655 (their Gigabit Extreme N router) as this is the router I have my eye set on? Any help is greatly appreciated. I will say don't buy the Belkin N1 as it is a pain to get setup correctly with the UMA service and mixed OS types (I know others who are having problems running XP and Vista in the same networks not even trying the T-Mobile H@H devices).

We need to have a place where we can track what works and what doesn't.
    Should read working in the title. Some may think that I am trying to say something else.
    Last edited by squeakr; 10-17-2007 at 04:58 PM.

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

Re: Lets track woring routers.

home - linksys wrt54gs - 2 computers: 1 xp & 1 vista - both wifi - works perfectly
    office - linksys wrt54g - 4 computers: 3 xp & 1 vista- 3 lan & 1 wifi - loses connection constantly
    travel - linksys wrt54gs travel router - have had it only a few days, but works well

maytag6309 no está en línea Stack level 2

Home WRT54GX2 On and off Have Mac filter/Wpa2 Tkip Setting with SSID broadcasting. Sometimes have to power off and on router to pickup Uma Wifi. (1XP Wired 3 Wireless Laptops)Drops off after 6hr

WORks WRE54 access piont with WRT54G Works Well Unsecured Open Uma picks up right away as I pull in to work.

I think the big issues is with handshack (encription) setting do not handle well with 8320
    Last edited by maytag6309; 10-17-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged.

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd

Linksys WCG200 (router and modem in one) has worked with Curve, Samsung t409, and Nokia 6086.
    Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

I'm using the 2wire 2700HG-B (router given to SBC customers) and it's working fine.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

absoluteevel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C4261

Linksys WRT54GS v.4 w/ HyperWRT Thibor 15c, set to "G Only" and WPA2-PSK, Working
    D-Link DIR-655 v.A2 w/ firmware 1.05, set to "N and G Only" and WPA2-PSK, Working

These are in different locations, however I setup both. They seem to work fine with a mix of wired and wireless PCs and the two 8320s I have.

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Home and Office = CISCO 1200 Series AP's. We have people here with the 8820's working just fine and a couple neighbors have brought their BB's over to test them on my network at home with no issues.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

jeffharris no está en línea Stack level 2

My Apple Airport Express does NOT work on the voice portion of UMA. I have read several other thresds that concur.

I now use the Linksys WRT54GS

bukzin no está en línea Stack level 2

California here...

The 2 Wire #1701HG works great, supplied by SBC Global for home DSL, Curve is happy!

Also have Linksys #WRT54G (which is hardwired to 2 Wire and works great with
    SMC wi-fi card in my laptop) no luck here at all. 8320 sees it but will not connect.

By the way, lots of router config info at http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm

Bukzin

jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by maytag6309 View Post
    Home WRT54GX2 On and off Have Mac filter/Wpa2 Tkip Setting with SSID broadcasting. Sometimes have to power off and on router to pickup Uma Wifi. (1XP Wired 3 Wireless Laptops)Drops off after 6hr

WORks WRE54 access piont with WRT54G Works Well Unsecured Open Uma picks up right away as I pull in to work.

I think the big issues is with handshack (encription) setting do not handle well with 8320

I have the 2wire 1800HG, witht eh linksys WRE54 range expander, i have probs moving from room to room and the 8320 keeping up with the handshake too. a hard reset to teh 8320 usually corrects it, but annoying

PIN/ID

I have 2 linksys wrt54g connected wirelessly usind dd-wrt fw. Both on different ssid and both on mixed b/g with WEP enabled. Perfect setup I get strong wifi signal on the three floors of my house with UMA on all the time.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!

Linksys WRT300N. Has been flawless with my 8320 and T-MO shadow (aka:HTC Juno) so far.