I'm getting the bold today, and i was wondering if Wi-Fi is free on blackberrys? ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Is Wi-Fi free?

Advertisement

I'm getting the bold today, and i was wondering if Wi-Fi is free on blackberrys? or do you need a data plan or something like dat. I know that Wi-Fi is free on laptops and other devices but what about blackberrys? Can i turn off the radio and wi-fi will still work?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Yes. No charge for wifi unless the provider of the wifi site is charging you a fee to tether to its system. (very rare...) Most hotels, bookstores, coffee shops, colleges, etc., offer it free as a service. You can also get a wifi router for your home and tether to your Bold via router. The only charge you should incur would be from your home internet service provider. (usually included in your monthly package.) Hope this helps.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    thanx, but one more question. Can you use Wi-Fi when radio is off?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Never had a wifi BB device, so I am not sure exactly how the options work. Just by guessing, I am going to say that you go to "Manage Connections and you should have options for your Mobile Network, Bluetooth, and wifi. As long as wifi is left on, you should be able to maintain a connection w/router. Maybe a wifi BB owner will chime in and give you a little more insight on the subject.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    and the device defaults to WIFI when possible for MSN, yahoo, etc when you are connected. It then will go to 3G or edge when wifi is not present