I have a router at home that connects with no problem when I get home ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3

How to reconnect to WiFi?

Advertisement

I have a router at home that connects with no problem when I get home or do a battery pull. For some reason the phone, 8320, will lose the connection and I can't figure out how to reconnect with out doing a battery pull. The connection shows on the list but I can't figure out how to make the connection.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    pin: 2488CO6E
    Member of the East Coast Night Owl Club

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What OS are you running? Is Mobile Network set to wi-fi perferred? You shouldn't have to do a battery pull to connect to wifi!
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm running .110. Wi-Fi is set to preferred and automatic. I'm sure there is some procedure that I am just not aware of to get it to reconnect.
    pin: 2488CO6E
    Member of the East Coast Night Owl Club

You could try this, it worked when I ran into this problem:
    !. Go into Manage Connection from the App Screen.
    2. Scroll to Wi-Fi Options and Select
    3. From WiFi Connections Screen scroll down to the Saved Wifi Profile that is associated with you home Router.
    4. Click the menu key (BB Logo button) and scroll down and delete the profile.
    5. Once deleted, Do a battery pull to reset phone.
    6. Once the phone is up and running again go back to manage connections - Wifi options.
    7. Scroll down to Save Wifi Section, click the menu key again and select New then set up you connection all over again like you did the when you set up the profile you just deleted.

You basically starting all over with a freshly configured connection. This was what fixed my problem of staying connected sometimes and not connecting at all.

Try it and Hope it Works,
    Hank

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Also, once you set up the wifi, go to manage connections and then to wifi options. select your wifi connection name and them hit menu, click on move and move it to the top, then save. A BB tech told me about that. Says it should be on top so that it does not have a bunch to go through before getting your connection. Can't hurt.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Sometimes, just going to manage connections and set up wifi and then next will also find your connection and connect. No need to do a battery pull

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm also having problems here. WiFi-enabled BB T-Mo 8120 OS 4.5 with an AT&T modem which USED to work. I USED to be able to get the UMA indicator on my screen. As of last month or so, it's been gone (I get the greyed out WiFi icon). I do have the HotSpot service enabled on my account.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    3. From WiFi Connections Screen scroll down to the Saved Wifi Profile that is associated with you home Router.
    6. Once the phone is up and running again go back to manage connections - Wifi options.
    7. Scroll down to Save Wifi Section, click the menu key again and select New then set up you connection all over again like you did the when you set up the profile you just deleted.

You basically starting all over with a freshly configured connection. This was what fixed my problem of staying connected sometimes and not connecting at all.

Hank
    Thanks for the walk through. I will try it later when I have more time.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Also, if you go to WiFi options and scroll down to the connection that's not working, there should be an option to disable the connection. If you disable, then re-enable it will often re-connect.

This should work for any existing connection. That way, you don't have to pull the battery and wait for the phone to power on again. This works on my Bold at least!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Thanks for the walk through. I will try it later when I have more time.
    Your welcome Erica Hope it works out!

chendanbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post

Hank
    I had the same problem with my 8320. Now, do you repeat this every time the connection gets lost, or is it a one-time thing that you do and the problem never appears again?

Quote Originally Posted by chendanbb View Post
    I had the same problem with my 8320. Now, do you repeat this every time the connection gets lost, or is it a one-time thing that you do and the problem never appears again?
    Chendanbb,
    I can say for sure because I have only had it happen once right after I upgraded to 4.5 OS. However if it does continue to happen then you could try the other steps fellow stackers have suggested. Sorry I can't give you a definite answer.

-Hank