I am trying to help my friend connect his Bold to our school's WiFi. When ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

ocean_view07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How do I connect to my school's WiFi?

Advertisement

I am trying to help my friend connect his Bold to our school's WiFi. When searching for networks, I select the correct one. Then a box pops up saying that the connection is trying to re-route to a certain page (which, on a computer, is the page where we have to enter our school ID and password to have internet access). I clicked continue, but nothing happened. Then the same box popped up again. When I tried to open the browser, it just kept saying "Requesting" and was blank. Am I missing something? Thanks!

llama-king no está en línea Stack level 1
    School's wifi tend to be very hard and anoying to get into, My school gives everyone a account name and a password at the begaining of the year to accsess it on outsides computers and my girlfriends blackberry wont ever connect to it aswell as my Ipod touch. it is most likly they have it set up to where olny Pc's can connect to it,

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check your Browser emulation setting. The wifi may just not like the Blackberry mode.

ocean_view07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do I check the browser emulation setting?

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    from the options application, advanced, and then browser

She'll likely have to change it back after using the School's wifi to make sure other sites work normally.
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 11-18-2008 at 06:09 PM.