hello all I know this probably has been covered but lately i cant keep a ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Question HELP!!!! Wi-Fi Problems.....Again

Advertisement

hello all I know this probably has been covered but lately i cant keep a good UMA connection, I used to have no problems before, Im on TMobile. I had called them yesterday to see if they could do anything and they basically told me that I shouldnt have a problem...here is what happens..... I can make a Phone call/get one be on it for about 5mins then it drops the call and IMEDIATELY connects back to UMA and I can call the person back. I have the Actiontec DSL Modem/Router in one that verizon Gives...is there any settings that i can change on my router?

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

Re: HELP!!!! Wi-Fi Problems.....Again

have you tryed to reset the router?

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

There are problems with that Actiontec router. My friend got FIOS at work and I have the same problems now when I am at his place. The WiFi works fine but a UMA phone call lasts one min if I am lucky. Right now I think the only "fix" is to connect another router to the actiontec router. Do a search here for actiontec and you will find the thread. I have not have the time to go into the actiontec router and look at the settings ... but I hopefully will have the time this week to play with it .. should I find a cure I will post it here.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger123sw View Post
    There are problems with that Actiontec router. My friend got FIOS at work and I have the same problems now when I am at his place. The WiFi works fine but a UMA phone call lasts one min if I am lucky. Right now I think the only "fix" is to connect another router to the actiontec router. Do a search here for actiontec and you will find the thread. I have not have the time to go into the actiontec router and look at the settings ... but I hopefully will have the time this week to play with it .. should I find a cure I will post it here.

Thanks man i really need this it gets annoying....good luck

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by ballr View Post
    have you tryed to reset the router?
    yea i did many times

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

keep in mind there are MANY variants to the UMA service. Your refresh rate on your router may keep kicking you off every few minutes. It may drop the connection, your encryption may be too high or too low. You need to consider the possiblity your router is just not optimized for UMA service. Consider a different router or be prepared to learn alot as you troubleshoot and get technical
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8