Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You said that it worked on the other computer, but doesn't work now. Have you ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help! Cant make calls over Wi-Fi

Advertisement

You said that it worked on the other computer, but doesn't work now. Have you tried to mirror your MAC address from the computer into your modem, as sometimes depending on the provider and the moedm involved, the system won't react correctly if the system sees to many different MAC addesses on the system. I had this problem a few years ago when I tried to get my router working on RR. A nice CSR tech gave me that info on the side as RR didn't want me to know that as they were charging by the computer connected (they charged more for each computer). Once the MAC addy was copied into the router the modem was happy and everything worked much better. Whenever changing things on my network, the first thing that I always do is mirror the MAC addy of the main server computer. Have you done this, you may want to as sometimes this can hold up things? Have you gone into the wireless settings and turned on QoS and WMM?? Also have you tried it without any type of security to verify that all is working?? Also run a speed test to verify that you have sufficient bandwidth to maintain a good call and signal (you bandwidth may be throttled somewhere. And last but not least, open up the ports 500 and 4500 for UDP (can set both to be on the safe side), for your device to make sure that these aren't being blocked as they are the main ports for the UMA T-Mo servers.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

How do I get into the router setting? And are all of these sugestions for the router settings or also for the computer. Sorry I'm new to this whole wifi stuff but am learnig so much already.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

They are all mostly for the router settings as you will have to mirror the MAC address into the router from the computer that was originally connected to the modem (or at least the last one that was connected after a reset of the modem) as that is the one that the modem uses to send IP and MAC info to the cable system (I believe that you said that you had cable correct) as some will limit the unique number of MAC addys on their system.
    The speed questions can be answered by running tests through some place such as Broadbandreports.com (formerly DSLreports.com).

I believe that the T-Mo router comes with these preconfigured for QoS and WMM, but log onto the router and check for yourself. The T-Mo Linksys router (I assume/hope this is the one that you have, as I don't have the D-link info off of hand) is connected to through the web url address of http://192.168.0.1 and the default username will accept either root or admin with a password of admin (I believe root may also work, but haven't tried and am not at home to try ATM). Then you wullbe able to navigate through the menus and verify/change the settings. The good thing is that since you have the T-Mo router they will help you tremendously and are really nice people. If still having problems, I have a direct number to their support group.

Good luck and it is an addiction/disease going through all of the netwroking. I have more devices networked at hoome than I have people in the household to utilize them. The wife is getting nuts, but loves that I can hack her school system to get the necessaries late at night during critical report card filiing times (she is a forgetful teacher and needs things she forgot to bring home that I can remotely find somehow)..

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Thanks squeakr ill give it a shot.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Update: I've been speaking with blackberries technical support, and now I have to go and find another hotspot to try and get a call through. Then we can narrow down the source of the problem. Right now its looking like either the connection in the area I'm in or a defective device. Either way ill report back with an update. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Update as promised, in case anyone else has problems with making calls. Well, its now been three weeks with no problems. All I had to do was change my SIM card to a new one and Boom! It worked. You can get a new sim card for free at your local service provider, well for tmo at least. It took about 5 minutes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

salvai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try some voip application like CryptMyCall Redphone Skyoe and similar... the first and the second allow u also to remain anonymous with encrypted call..
    For me CryptMyCall is the best u can use it in the whole world but u must pay for download it.. redphone is free but u can use it only in U.S. and the quality is not the same... for skype i m sure u know it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12