Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help,I can't get my 8320 to make calls over the Wi-Fi connection.Everything else works ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Help! Cant make calls over Wi-Fi

Advertisement

Please help,I can't get my 8320 to make calls over the Wi-Fi connection.Everything else works over Wi-Fi except for calls.I know that it works because I've made calls through Wi-Fi before with succes on a different computer. But now I'm trying on a diferent computer and when trying to run the disc that came with the T-mobile linksys router and hit the start menu it says that there is no eithernet connected to the computer when there clearly is from the high speed cable modem.
    Do I really have to use the disc to be able to make calls on Wi-fi? We definatly are connected to the high speed cable modem.I receive and can send out everything except for calls and I'm not sure but also can't SMS messages.I am only able to make calls when I get regular connection.Otherwise it just drops the call every single time.I was able to make one call when I first tryed but that was it. OS 4.2.2.108 on T-mobile with H@H using the tmo router. Please help.

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8

Re: Help! Cant make calls over Wi-Fi

what do you mean by referring to using your computer. Not sure what you are asking.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

that disc is just used as a tool to use it does nothing......you can also go to com USA they are a partner of ours who will help installation but they will charge you, the cost i'm not sure. or contact customer service since you've purchasaed one of our routers
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Well, I think I solved the problem by reregistering my phone to the network from the host routing table menue. Options>advanced options>host routing table>hit the menu botton>register now. Then it worked. Thanks for your help guys~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Well , I was wrong. I had it working for about a day and a half until I left the house. Then I could no longer make calls on wifi. Anyone else expiriencing this problem . Please help , this is getting anoying.I can not get a regular signal cause I am in a dead zone and have to walk down the block just to call my wife and kids. So any help will be greatly apreciated.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shaddow no está en línea Stack level 2

If you are in the New York area, t-mobile is having issues with UMA - and are working to resolve it. They did not give me an ETA for completion - buy my UMA started working again last night.

PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    I'm in mississippi right now. Did you have to do anything, or did it just start to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    If you are in the New York area, t-mobile is having issues with UMA - and are working to resolve it. They did not give me an ETA for completion - buy my UMA started working again last night.

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

You may need to reset your router. in the options do you have itset for wi-fi preferred?
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Yup. By reset , do you mean to pull the plug and reconnect, or to push the reset button on the back of the router?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Both should work, but if youo use the reset button and hold it in to long (10-20 seconds) then the entire router will be reset back to factory defaults. I would just pull the plug and reseat it to reset.

PIN/ID
    askme

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    Both should work, but if youo use the reset button and hold it in to long (10-20 seconds) then the entire router will be reset back to factory defaults. I would just pull the plug and reseat it to reset.
    Thanks Squeakr got a little busy at work.
    I hope this worked.

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Been there done that, still won't go through. It connects , I get UMA ,can surf the web use BB messanger, IM ,use all apps, but can't make or receive call or text or even recive a voicemail. Anything that has to do with the phone part won't work, but data is fine. I even did a wifi diagnostic and everything was good withno errors exept for the vpn but I'm on Bis . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    askme

I'm not fimiliar with the bis so this may need to go to somebody else. I know i've had problems with mine some times it will have the little wifi mark in black and still be on a cell tower. confuse the hell out of me and i'll reset the router and sometime do a battery pull and then it'll come back up.
    Go figure. Sorry i couldn't be more help. just pin me if i can help in any other way.

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Thanks ray for your help. BIS means Blackberry Internet Server and BES means Blackberry Enterprise Server. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    askme

I just noticed that you still have the old OS. you may want to upgrade. this helped mine. 4.2.2.180

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast