I am having a problem switching WiFi networks, this is a erratic issue. Most the ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

WhyZeeGuy no está en línea Stack level 1

Erratic Wifi Connection

Advertisement

I am having a problem switching WiFi networks, this is a erratic issue. Most the time I can connect to the WiFi router at my office without any problems but occasionally, with WiFI on the phone still uses EDGE services rather than the UMA.

At my house or any other place I frequent WiFi fires right up (UMA) without any issues, just at the office is where the problem occurs.

Any input or suggestions is appreciated.

Router at work is open access, Linksys WR54. Like I said sometimes I can connect, other times I can’t

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just got my wi-fi at home to be stable so I'm no expert but it sounds like signal problems at work - '...sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.' Is there any way you can check the signal at work and/or can you compare with any other wi-fi user?

In my case (at home) we had to try different channels until the tech saw an uninterrupted data stream, eliminate line noise and increase the signal strength of my router Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Okay thanks for the suggestions. I thought it may be the BB8320 but it works well everywhere else. Man, I'm loving this UMA service. Really cool and my minute usage has dropped dramatically. Internet speeds are more betterer also.
    Last edited by WhyZeeGuy; 03-28-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyZeeGuy View Post
    Okay thanks for the suggestions. I thought it may be the BB8320 but it works well everywhere else. Man, I'm loving this UMA service. Really cool and my minute usage has dropped dramatically. Internet speeds are more betterer also.
    I know where your were ... and are. I had begun to suspect my phone too but I really never believed that it was the problem - I just couldn't make anything (UMA) work consistently except when I tried the phone at a T-mo hot spot - then the data speed was great and a couple of T-mo reps suggested a talk with my AT&T DSL tech. Hang in there and good luck with it at work.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Update
    Well duh, the support guy has been turning the DHCP service on and off... I guess I shouldn't use the lab router...

Well duh

Quote Originally Posted by WhyZeeGuy View Post
    Update
    Well duh, the support guy has been turning the DHCP service on and off... I guess I shouldn't use the lab router...

Well duh
    That'll do it.