Please help. I finally got my 8820 to work flawlessy all oveer my house with ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

encryption

Advertisement

Please help. I finally got my 8820 to work flawlessy all oveer my house with no security on the wireless network. But I need to secure my network so after several days of open network I started trying to lock down my home network with wep, wpa, wpa2 bu it will connect but after a few seconds the router stops responding back and eveNtually drops the connect. Somebody give me the security settings that blackberry reconizes

maytag6309 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: encryption

I have top unplug the router evry couple of days.(that works) Just kidding this sucks. wpa2 with tkip and mac filtering is my setting and et the same issue it drop after 6 hours or so.

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Yeah I understand. Its encryption mostly. Beacuse my network is open and it works great no drops and speed is excellent. I Use my company's router that we have setup for guests and because I'm close to it. It is open no security and stays connected all day and surfs well. The blackberry and the routers are definetely having trouble talkin the same lingo. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

maytag6309 no está en línea Stack level 2

For sure Open networks. Hotspots Etc. Work flawless. I agree. From what I heard the next os has a fix according to my friend in tmo.I explianed to him my frustration and they are aware.