I can not get my Curve to connect to an AirPort base station. I have ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Curve's WiFi and AirPort

Advertisement

I can not get my Curve to connect to an AirPort base station. I have tried it at my mom's and my house and it doesn't work on either of them. I get Error W010, which is a weak signal error but I get that even if I'm standing right next to the station. All my laptops can connect so. . .not sure what it is.

Anyone know how to fix this?

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Curve's WiFi and AirPort

I don't have mine yet, and to be honest it may be tough...not only do you have the newest BB w/ wifi, you are using Airport stations, which are not necessarily standard by many's perspective...

I suggest taking all encryption off, and see if you can connect, Apple Computers do not follow EXACT specs in the world of WEP/WPA...I've noticed that for universal access (Windoze/Linux/Macs) to all be on the same network, you need to go with standard protocol, Apple Computers can figure out if the WEP key is longer than it should be, Windoze, Linux, etc won't...

Good Luck,

please let us know how this is working, I should be getting mine soon!

PIN/ID
    241bb585

Well thats frustrating. I know I had to change the passwords for both the base stations because the Curve wouldn't only accept a certain length for passwords, and my two passwords didn't conform to it. So that was my first hurdle, and after that it still didn't work.

As for the no encryption thing, I don't get the error I was getting. . .now I just get "connection terminated" ha. I don't really care about wi-fi. . .don't really see the need for it but I have it and I want it to work!

PIN/ID
    241bb585

wait, it just worked. . .yay.

whats the purpose of wifi though?