Is there any news or speculation when a model will be out with full qwerty, ... BlackBerry Wi-Fi forum

mikeg89 no está en línea Stack level 2

curve with wifi ?

Advertisement

Is there any news or speculation when a model will be out with full qwerty, camera, and wifi ?

I have an 8800 and am thinking of upgrading to the curve for its camera, however I also badly want wifi. I haven't read anything about the next models coming out in this series of phone, but surely everyone is wondering ?

Cheers,
    Mike

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: curve with wifi ?

I personally don't think there will be a combination Camera / GPS, Camera / Wifi, or GPS / Wifi in the 8xxx series. People have called the combination of the three "papa bear." There was a lot of expectation that the Curve might evolve this way but not a single test or production unit combining these features has shown its face that I'm aware of.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I hoping the one from T-Mobile will have one.. since @home is oming out soon.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nothing regarding any other 83XX devices has been confirmed. Unless your purchasing timeframe is several months down the road it's not worth worrying about.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The hotspot@home is now out with t-mobile. They have two new wifi phones but no BB 8320 listed yet. Iheard rumors that it would be out today. No sign of it.

guugoo no está en línea Stack level 2

same here..just heard rumors but no solid news. i am waiting for a wifi curve too.

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The curve would be a top-notch absolutely killer device if it had built in GPS and wi-fi. Missing GPS is silly, and AT&T EDGE is basically dial-up speeds which is ridiculous. Otherwise I love it!!

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Nothing regarding any other 83XX devices has been confirmed. Unless your purchasing timeframe is several months down the road it's not worth worrying about.
    I agree here. I very much want a BB w/ wifi and gps, but nothing indicates that a device like this will be available any time soon.

I do believe in the potential of a device by this late fall/winter but major releases of electronics seem to come at a glacier pace in the states. I figured I'd get the Curve with a 2-year then just sell it and upgrade to what makes me happy 6 months from now.

This is a big shift from my previous buy/use where I kept the same model (though newer replacements) of the same phone for a long time.